[ubuntu-arizona] Azloco Meeting 06/10/2012

Todd Cole toddc at azloco.com
Mon Jun 11 04:44:25 UTC 2012

<toddc> Welcome to AZLOCO IRC Meeting Please sign in with a +1<toddc>
+1<Dazed_75> +1<toddc> Team web site http://azloco.com/<toddc> Team
wiki site https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ArizonaTeam<toddc> Team membership
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=445980<toddc> Feel free to
make comments and add input to our meeting at anytime.<toddc> Some of
us are in   http://azlocobbb.banditti.com/     tonight if you want to
talk or see us!<toddc> Anybody here that is new tonight?<toddc> Linux:
"Good evening Mr. Gates, I will be your server this evening."<toddc>
UBUNTU NEWS<toddc> Dazed_75 will do the news tonight<Dazed_75> Six
Ways to Speed Up Your Ubuntu<Dazed_75>
http://www.howtogeek.com/115797/6-ways-to-speed-up-ubuntu<Dazed_75>
How to Quickly Encrypt Removab;e Storage Devices with Ubuntu<Dazed_75>
    http://www.howtogeek.com/115955/how-to-quickly-encrypt-removable-storage-devices-with-ubuntu<Dazed_75>
How to Encrypt Your Home Folder AFTER Installing Ubuntu<Dazed_75>
http://www.howtogeek.com/116032/how-to-encrypt-your-home-folder-after-installing-ubuntu<Dazed_75>
How to Disable Home Folder Encryption AFTER Installing Home Folder
Encryption on Ubuntu<Dazed_75>
http://www.howtogeek.com/116179/how-to-disable-home-folder-encryption-after-installing-ubuntu<Dazed_75>
Raytheon Delivering Linux to Navy UAV Groundstations<Dazed_75>
http://www.suasnews.com/2012/06/16529/raytheon-delivering-linux-to-navy-uav-ground-stations/<Dazed_75>
Mark Shuttleworth Recommends Windows Azure<Dazed_75>
http://www.muktware.com/3677/mark-shuttleworth-highly-recommends-windows-azure<Dazed_75>
Install Scrollout F1 Anti=Spam Firewall On Ubuntu Server in 30
Minutes<Dazed_75>
http://www.howtoforge.com/install-scrollout-f1-anti-spam-firewall-on-ubuntu-in-30-minutes<Dazed_75>
Ubuntu 12.10 Alpha 1 Released<Dazed_75>
http://www.muktware.com/3675/ubuntu-1210-first-alpha-released<Dazed_75>
    http://ubuntuportal.com/2012/06/ubuntu-12-10-quantal-quetzal-alpha-1-released.html<Dazed_75>
Samsung Plunges $500K into Linux Foundation<Dazed_75>
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/06/07/samsung_linux_investment/<Dazed_75>
How to Use LightDM instead of MDM in Linux Mint 13<Dazed_75>
http://www.webupd8.org/2012/06/how-to-use-lightdm-instead-of-mdm-in.html<Dazed_75>
How to Help Spread "Download for Ubuntu" App Buttons<Dazed_75>
http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2012/06/how-to-help-spread-download-for-ubuntu-app-buttons<Dazed_75>
Beatbox Music Player Adds New Artist overview. Unity
Quicklist<Dazed_75>
http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2012/06/beatbox-music-player-adds-new-artist-overview-unity-quicklist<Dazed_75>
Fanless Linux Mint PC Goes on Sale<Dazed_75>
http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2012/06/fanless-linux-mint-pc-goes-on-sale<Dazed_75>
Three Extra Games Added to the Humble Indie Bundle<Dazed_75>
http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2012/06/humble-indie-bundle-v-adds-3-extra-games*
spinrage (~spinrage at ip24-251-242-254.ph.ph.cox.net) has joined
#Ubuntu-US-AZ<Dazed_75> Canonical's Computex Booth is a Thing of
Beauty<Dazed_75>
http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2012/06/canonical-computex-booth-is-a-thing-of-beauty<spinrage>
+<spinrage> +1<Dazed_75> Firefox 13 Goes Stable<Dazed_75>
http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2012/06/firefox-13-goes-stable-adds-speed-dial-new-homepage<Dazed_75>
How to Install VMware Player in Ubuntu 12.04<Dazed_75>
http://www.webupd8.org/2012/06/how-to-install-vmware-player-in-ubuntu.html<toddc>
hi spinrage!<Dazed_75> Flowblade: A Cool, Non-Linear Video Editor for
Linux<Dazed_75>
http://www.webupd8.org/2012/06/flowblade-cool-non-linear-video-editor.html<Dazed_75>
How to Get a List of Open Windows on the Unity Panel<Dazed_75>
http://www.webupd8.org/2012/06/how-to-get-list-of-open-windows-on.html<Dazed_75>
jfbchat: Simple and Powerful Facebook Chat Client for
Ubuntu/Linux<Dazed_75>
http://ubuntuportal.com/2012/06/jfbchat-simple-and-powerful-facebook-chat-client-for-ubuntulinux.html<Dazed_75>
How to Access VirtualBox Shared Folder from Ubuntu 12.04 Guest
Machine<Dazed_75>
http://ubuntuportal.com/2012/06/how-to-access-virtualbox-shared-folder-from-ubuntu-12-04-guest-machine.html<Dazed_75>
Lightspark 0.5.7 Released: FOSS Alternative for Flash Player<Dazed_75>
    http://ubuntuportal.com/2012/06/lightspark-0-5-7-released-free-and-open-source-alternative-flash-player.html<Dazed_75>
Use Linux to Rejuvenate Old Computers<Dazed_75>
http://linux-news.org/index.php/2012/06/09/use-linux-to-rejuvenate-old-computers/<Dazed_75>
Ubuntu 12.10 will Have OpenJDK7<Dazed_75>
http://news.softpedia.com/news/Ubuntu-12-10-Will-Have-OpenJDK-7-274559.shtml<Dazed_75>
and that's it for me.  Any thing to add Toddc?<toddc> Thank you
Dazed_75 for the news tonight!<toddc> I have a couple more to
add!<toddc> German court rules against Microsoft in Motorola patent
fight<toddc> http://www.themeshreport.com/2012/05/german-court-rules-against-microsoft-in-motorola-patent-fight/<toddc>
Netflix announces Open Connect CDN<toddc>
http://www.h-online.com/open/news/item/Netflix-announces-Open-Connect-CDN-1612094.html<toddc>
Microsoft starts supporting Linux on its Azure cloud<toddc>
http://www.h-online.com/open/news/item/Microsoft-starts-supporting-Linux-on-its-Azure-cloud-1612613.html<toddc>
Limelight Networks in Tempe see<toddc>
http://www.limelight.com/company/careers/<toddc> Security Operations
Center<toddc> http://hire.jobvite.com/j/?cj=ooJfWfw2&s=Craigslist<toddc>
Linux Systems Administrator (Phoenix Az )<toddc> Laura McKee<toddc>
Technical Recruiter<toddc> Office Direct #423-591-7412<toddc> UBUNTU
HOUR<toddc> June 17 is the next Ubuntu Hour at Extream Bean in Tempe
southern and McClintock<toddc> Extreame<toddc> TEMPE
INSTALLFEST<toddc> Azloco/plug Desktop Emphasis installfest is July 7
at UAT 10am to 4  PM 2625 W Baseline Rd 85283 Tempe across from Fry's
Electronics 10AM to 4M 2625 W Baseline Rd 85283 Room 208 48st and
Baseline Rd<Dazed_75> the Ubuntu Hour is at 7pm<toddc> yes good
catch<toddc> The last several installfests have been very busy so we
are also thinking about a room change in the future. The last several
events were at or near standing room only.<toddc> If you have time or
want to meet any of us or have problems feel free to show up.<toddc>
TEMPE SERVER INSTALLFEST<toddc> Server Emphasis Installfest will be
Saturday June 16 at UAT  10AM to 4M 2625 W Baseline Rd 85283 Room 208
across the street from Fry's Electronics<toddc> we will do
desktops/laptops as time permits<toddc> For more info see<toddc>
AzloCo.com calender at http://www.azloco.com/?q=node/28<toddc> UBUNTU
TRAINING<toddc> Ubuntu Training Days<toddc> June 23-24 on IRC freenode
#ubuntu-classroom or just install Lernid       See
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Classroom<toddc> free classes<toddc> OTHER
EVENTS<toddc> We are planning to attend the LUGY meeting in Prescott
on June 12 at 7pm<toddc> I am planning on a carpool for those
interested leaving at Az Mills Mall at 4PM<toddc> this Tuesday<toddc>
I am allowing a bit of extra time to get there but if if you want to
go we could<toddc> leave a bit later if needed<toddc> xHans if you are
here do you have any news for us<toddc> FernHans<toddc> PLUG
EVENTS<toddc> Plug East side meeting Thursday June 14 7-10 PM  at MCC
1833 W. Southern Ave., Mesa, AZ 85202     Kirk Student Center<toddc>
plug server emphasis installfest is June 16 10-4PM  at UAT 48st and
Baseline road Tempe across from Fry's Electronics  2625 W Baseline Rd
85283 Room 208<toddc> Free Software Stammtisch Tuesday June 16 at
Iguana Macks 7:00PM 1371 N Alma School Rd Chandler AZ 85224<toddc>
http://www.lufthans.com/Free_Software_Stammtisch#East_Valley<toddc>
that is all I have any questions or comments or other news or
ideas?<toddc> if there is nothing else?<toddc> Thanks for coming
tonight. I will be here a while if anyone needs help or has a question

--
Todd Cole
Ubuntu Arizona Team
toddc at azloco.com