[ubuntu-arizona] AZloco weekly meeting 07/15/2012

Todd Cole toddc at azloco.com
Mon Jul 16 04:23:58 UTC 2012

<toddc> Welcome to AZLOCO IRC Meeting Please sign in with a +1<Rich_>
+1<Dazed_75> +1<toddc> +1<toddc> Team web site
http://azloco.com/<toddc> Team wiki site
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ArizonaTeam<toddc> Team membership
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=445980<toddc> Feel free to
make comments and add input to our meeting at anytime.<toddc> Some us
will be in http://azlocobbb.banditti.com tonight if you want to talk
or see us.<toddc> Anybody here that is new tonight?<toddc> Microsoft
gives you Windows... Linux gives you the whole house.<spinrage>
news tonight<Dazed_75> Eleven Ubuntu One Features You May Not Be Aware
Of<Dazed_75> http://www.howtogeek.com/118496/11-ubuntu-one-features-you-may-not-be-aware-of<Dazed_75>
Five Ways to Provide Feedback to Ubuntu<Dazed_75>
http://www.howtogeek.com/118511/5-ways-to-provide-feedback-to-ubuntu<Dazed_75>
Database of Vendors/Machines With Linux Pre-Installed<Dazed_75>
http://lxer.com/module/db/index.php?dbn=14<Dazed_75> How to Dual Boot
Ubuntu on Your Chrome OS Device<Dazed_75>
http://www.extremetech.com/computing/132300-unleash-your-chromebox-how-to-dual-boot-ubuntu-linux-on-your-chrome-os-device<Dazed_75>
About Ubuntu One<Dazed_75>
http://linux-news.org/index.php/2012/07/09/all-about-ubuntu-one/<toddc>
+2???<Dazed_75> Understanding AppArmor in Ubuntu<Dazed_75>
http://maketecheasier.com/understanding-apparmor-in-ubuntu-linux/2012/07/09<Dazed_75>
Is Lightread the Best RSS Reader for Ubuntu?<Dazed_75>
http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2012/07/is-lightread-the-best-rss-reader-for-ubuntu-we-go-hands-on<Dazed_75>
Easily Send Files to Other Machines on the LAN<Dazed_75>
http://www.webupd8.org/2012/07/nitroshare-send-files-computers-lan-network.html<Dazed_75>
Execute Actions When Specific Events Are Triggered<Dazed_75>
http://www.webupd8.org/2012/07/execute-actions-when-events-triggered.html<Dazed_75>
Disable Popup When Running Scripts in Ubuntu (consider carefully
whether you want to do this)<Dazed_75>
http://www.linuxandlife.com/2012/07/disable-popup-window-when-running.html<Dazed_75>
Use "cat" to Concatenate Multiple Files (Beginner)<Dazed_75>
http://www.linuxandlife.com/2012/07/use-cat-to-merge-multiple-files.html<Dazed_75>
Add a Watermark to Documents Using GIMP and LibreOffice
Writer<Dazed_75>
http://www.linuxandlife.com/2012/07/add-watermark-to-documents-using-gimp.html<Dazed_75>
Ten Package Management Operations You Need Synaptic For on
Ubuntu<Dazed_75>
http://www.howtogeek.com/118665/10-package-management-operations-you-need-synaptic-for-on-ubuntu<Dazed_75>
Stupid Geek Tricks: Change Your IP From the Command Line<Dazed_75>
http://www.howtogeek.com/118337/stupid-geek-tricks-change-your-ip-address-from-the-command-line-in-linux<Dazed_75>
Update & Upgrade Ubuntu Without Internet Connection<Dazed_75>
http://maketecheasier.com/update-upgrade-ubuntu-without-internet-connection/2012/07/10<Dazed_75>
Ubuntu One Contacts Loses Facebook Sync<Dazed_75>
http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2012/07/ubuntu-one-contacts-looses-facebook-sync<Dazed_75>
Seven Quick Tricks for Ubuntu and Some Other Linux Desktops<Dazed_75>
http://www.howtogeek.com/118751/7-quick-tricks-for-ubuntu-and-other-linux-desktops<Dazed_75>
Windows 8 Might Drive Some to Linux<Dazed_75>
http://www.extremetech.com/computing/121015-windows-8-may-drive-me-to-linux<Dazed_75>
How to Swap the Two and Three Finger Touchpad Tap Actions on
Ubuntu<Dazed_75>
http://www.howtogeek.com/118817/how-to-swap-the-two-and-three-finger-touchpad-tap-actions-on-ubuntu<Dazed_75>
Ten Awesome Indicator Applets for Ubuntu's Unity Desktop<Dazed_75>
http://www.howtogeek.com/118908/10-awesome-indicator-applets-for-ubuntus-unity-desktop<Dazed_75>
Debian Wants to Work with Its Offspring (Ubuntu)<Dazed_75>
http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=MTEzOTQ<Dazed_75>
Use "pushd" and "popd" for Quick CLI Switching Between
Directories<Dazed_75>
http://www.linuxandlife.com/2012/07/use-pushd-and-popd-for-quick-switching.html<Dazed_75>
Open Source on the Advance in Italy<Dazed_75>
http://www.h-online.com/open/news/item/Open-source-on-the-advance-in-Italy-1640986.html<Dazed_75>
How to Mount a VirtualBox Drive Image In Ubuntu 12.04 /
12.10<Dazed_75>
http://www.ubuntugeek.com/how-to-mount-virtualbox-drive-image-vdi-in-ubuntu-12-1012-04.html<Dazed_75>
Unity Glass Offers Refined New Look for the Unity Launcher<Dazed_75>
http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2012/07/unity-glass-offers-refined-new-look-for-the-unity-launcher<Dazed_75>
Schedule Alarms / Reminders in Ubuntu with Indicator
Remindor<Dazed_75>
http://www.webupd8.org/2012/07/schedule-alarms-reminders-in-ubuntu.html<Dazed_75>
Ubuntu / Unity Beginner Stuff<Dazed_75>
http://ubuntu-manual.org/downloads<Dazed_75>
http://www.howtogeek.com/118700/download-the-unity-make-it-yours-lenses-and-scopes-for-ubuntu-12.04-lts-guide-for-free<Dazed_75>
and that it from AJ tonight<toddc> Thank you Dazed_75 for the news
tonight!<toddc> I have 1 to add<toddc> How to Get One Of Dell’s
Linux-Based Developer Laptops And Become A Sputnik Beta
Cosmonaut<toddc>
http://techcrunch.com/2012/07/06/how-to-get-one-of-dells-linux-based-developer-laptops-and-become-a-sputnik-beta-cosmonaut/<toddc>
cheap not free but hay if you need a laptop why not check it
out!<toddc> JOB LIST<toddc> Several openings at Limelight Networks in
Tempe see<toddc> http://www.limelight.com/company/careers/<toddc>
Senior Network Engineer at our Teams Data center they have several
openings to fill<toddc> jobs at oneneck.com<toddc> System
Administrator<toddc> jobs at oneneck.com<toddc> NOC Services Technician
(T1)<toddc> https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=1560271<toddc>
Cloud/Data Engineer - Luxury Resort in TUCSON<toddc>
www.miravalresorts.com<toddc> I.T Consultant/ System Engineer<toddc>
eng7-12 at clickcomputerservices.com<toddc> UBUNTU HOUR<toddc> is
Thursday July 26 is the next Ubuntu Hour at Extream Bean in Tempe
southern and McClintock<toddc> http://xtremebeancoffee.com<toddc>
TEMPE SERVER INSTALLFESTS<toddc> Server Emphasis Installfest will be
Saturday July 21 at UAT  10AM to 4M 2625 W Baseline Rd 85283 Room 208
across the street from Fry's Electronics<toddc> we will do
desktops/laptops as time permits<toddc> this saturday<toddc> For more
info see<toddc> AzloCo.com calender at
http://www.azloco.com/?q=node/28<toddc> TEAM SERVER NEWS<toddc>
Yesterday we built and installed a new VM Server using debian with
Proxmox and installed it<toddc> give us a while to get to know it but
we will be soon able to issue Virtual Machines to Team members in the
near future.<toddc> Walter Mack is planning on attending the next
Server installfest and will help us update AzLoco web sites so if you
would like to help/learn dupal admin Feel free to stop by
Saterday.<toddc> UBUNTU TRAINING<toddc> there will be a Ubuntu events
test on July 20 to test new software 4:30 az time<toddc> that is it
for loco news<toddc> PLUG EVENTS<toddc> Free Software Stammtisch
Tuesday July 17 at Iguana Macks 7:00PM 1371 N Alma School Rd Chandler
AZ 85224<toddc>
http://www.lufthans.com/Free_Software_Stammtisch#East_Valley<toddc>
Ubuntu Hour<toddc> July 26 7:00 PM at Extreame Bean 1707 E. Southern
Ave. Tempe, AZ 85282<toddc> http://www.azloco.com/?q=node/28 or
http://xtremebeancoffee.com<toddc> Linux Security Hackfest has a new
home August 14 11-2<toddc>
http://plug.phoenix.az.us/meetings/20-linux-security-hackfest/87-linux-security-hackfest-has-a-new-home.html<toddc>
Developer Meeting August 2, 7-9pm at University of Advancing
Technology, 2625 West Baseline Road Tempe AZ 85283. This is close to
the US 60 and Interstate 10 by Fry's Electronics. Meetings are held in
room 245.<toddc> Plug East side meeting Thursday August 9  7-10 PM  at
MCC 1833 W. Southern Ave., Mesa, AZ 85202     Kirk Student
Center<toddc> that is all I have any questions or comments or other
news or ideas?<toddc> Thanks for coming tonight. I will be here a
while if anyone needs help or has a question

--
Todd Cole
Ubuntu Arizona Team
toddc at azloco.com