[ubuntu-arizona] Az Loco Team meeting 02/12/2012

Todd Cole toddc at azloco.com
Mon Feb 13 05:33:22 UTC 2012

<toddc> +1<Dazed_75> +1<toddc> Feel free to make comments and add
input to our meeting at anytime.<toddc> I will also be in
http://azlocobbb.banditti.com tonight if you want to talk or see
me.<toddc> Reminder 2 Days to Valentine's Day Feb 14 Do not
forget!!!!<toddc> How to Share Wireless Connection via Ethernet Cable
in Ubuntu<toddc>
http://blog.arvixe.com/how-to-share-wireless-connection-via-ethernet-cable-in-ubuntu-to-any-device/<toddc>
Ubuntu 12.04 ARM Performance Becomes Very Compelling<toddc>
http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=ubuntu_1204_omap4460&num=1<toddc>
Install Linux Mint’s New Cinnamon Desktop on Ubuntu<toddc>
http://www.howtogeek.com/103691/install-linux-mints-new-cinnamon-desktop-on-ubuntu/<toddc>
Running Simple Groupware On Nginx (LEMP) On Debian Squeeze/Ubuntu
11.10<toddc> http://www.howtoforge.com/running-simple-groupware-on-nginx-lemp-on-debian-squeeze-ubuntu-11.10<toddc>
How to Customize Ubuntu's MOTD<toddc>
http://www.howtogeek.com/104708/how-to-customize-ubuntus-message-of-the-day<toddc>
Easily Monitor System Resources in Ubuntu with Indicator
Multiload<toddc> (11.04 and later)<toddc>
http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2012/02/easily-monitor-system-resources-in-ubuntu-with-indicator-multiload/<toddc>
12.04 Privacy Controls & Minor Appearance Tweaks<toddc>
http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2012/02/privacy-controls-minor-ui-tweaks-land-in-ubuntu-12-04/<toddc>
http://www.webupd8.org/2012/02/notifyosd-to-use-same-colour-as-dash.html<toddc>
Kubuntu Will be Strictly Community Sponsored When Canonical
Drops<toddc> Funding After 12.04<toddc>
http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2012/02/canonical-withdraw-financial-support-from-kubuntu/<toddc>
Ubuntu One Online Notes Feature to be Dropped 2/28/2012<toddc>
http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2012/02/ubuntu-one-notes-feature-written-off/<toddc>
Mark Shuttleworth Explains Ditching Launcher Dodge in 12.04<toddc>
http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2012/02/mark-shuttleworth-explains-dodge-ditch-decision-in-precise/<toddc>
12.04 Older Hardware Test<toddc>      <toddc>
http://www.unixmen.com/201202-ubuntu-12-04-precise-pangolin-older-hardware-test/<toddc>
Official Ubuntu Business Desktop Remix<toddc>
http://www.ubuntu.com/business/desktop/remix<toddc>
http://www.muktware.com/news/3296/ubuntu-means-business-announces-business-desktop-remix<toddc>
12.04 Precise Pengolin Support Added to Ubuntu Tweak<toddc>
<toddc> http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2012/02/ubuntu-tweak-adds-ubuntu-12-04-support/<toddc>
http://www.webupd8.org/2012/02/ubuntu-tweak-061-released-with-support.html<toddc>
A More "Classic Gnome" Session Lands in Ubuntu 12.04 Precise
Pengolin<toddc>
http://www.webupd8.org/2012/02/more-classic-gnome-session-lands-in.html<toddc>
VirtualBox Ubuntu 12.04 (Guest) Fixes<toddc>
http://www.webupd8.org/2012/02/virtualbox-ubuntu-1204-guest-fixes.html<toddc>
Thank you Dazed-75 for the news tonight!!!<toddc> TEAM NEWS<toddc> If
you would like a azloco.com email address please contact me at
toddc at azloco.com<toddc> We would like to start several Ubuntu hour
events at coffee shop or bars for quick get togethers<toddc> if anyone
would like to find a spot on the west or north please let us
know?<toddc> We now have 11.10 cd's please hook up with Dazed_75 or my
self and pass out these and spread the word  of Linux/open source and
or installfests<toddc> JOB LIST<toddc> Information Security
Analysts<toddc> luke at samuelbranchps.com<toddc> TEMPE SERVER
INSTALLFEST<toddc> Server Installfest Saturday February 18 at UAT
10AM to 4M 2625 W Baseline Rd 85283 Room 208 across the street from
Fry's Electronics<toddc> Eric will doing a presentation at the next
Installfest February 18 at UAT<toddc> and I am working on a buddy to
do a presentation on android custom roms and installs and roots<toddc>
there will be a schedule change starting in March<toddc> TEMPE
INSTALLFEST<toddc> Azloco/plug installfest is February 25  at UAT 9am
to 4  PM 2625 W Baseline Rd 85283 Tempe across from Fry's Electronics
10AM to 4M 2625 W Baseline Rd 85283 Room 208 48st and Baseline
Rd<toddc> The last several installfests have been very busy so if you
have time or want to meet any of us or have problems feel free to show
up.<toddc> FUTURE EVENTS<toddc> Tucson installfest plans are underway
with a preferred date of  April 7 at U of A pending U of A* Rich_
(adf62322 at gateway/web/freenode/ip.173.246.35.34) has joined
#Ubuntu-US-AZ<toddc> availability that day<xHans> toddc: can we ask
Eric to do his presentation at 10:00 or 11:00?<toddc> I will email him
andd and request that time<xHans> danke<xHans> hmm, make that just
11:00<Dazed_75> Welcome Rich.  Do we know who you are?<toddc> I also
have a notice from Lisa on the Security/hackfest<toddc> this really
cool<xHans> forgot I'll be in another part of town. hmm, then again,
whichever works best for him<toddc> We are hosting a worldwide
hackfest of the STACS systems<Rich_> Thanks.  I was at the last
installfest.<toddc> (municipal and military) developed by Solomon
courtesy of Dean Franks. You<toddc> can participate via wan and we
will offer 2 Target Prizes for anyone who<toddc> We are hosting a
worldwide hackfest of the STACS systems<Dazed_75> Aaaah, welcome again
then<toddc> (municipal and military) developed by Solomon courtesy of
Dean Franks. You<toddc> can participate via wan and we will offer 2
Target Prizes for anyone who<toddc> can successfully provide a file
from either device.  I will provide more<toddc> information as we get
closer to March 2nd Saturday including target ip<toddc> addresses.
The event is hosted by Solomon and MakerBench.com in Tempe.  I<toddc>
will video stream and video the full event including Dean's
presentation<toddc> which will kickoff 4 days of open wan hackfest
STACS targeting.<toddc> I heard tell there is a 500.00 in prize
money<toddc> xHans we need to contact them for ableconf<toddc> xHans
over to you! :)<xHans> contact MakerBench?<toddc> I will have contact
info in a day or two<xHans> ok<xHans> ABLEconf planning conference
call every Wednesday at 19:00<toddc> ( I lost the card but know where
to get one)<xHans>
http://www.ABLEconf.com/2012/Phoenix/Planning/<xHans> is it
David?<xHans> ABLEconf planning in person meeting is a week from
Tuesday @ 18:00<xHans> Iguana Macks in Chandler, the hour before the
Stammtisch<xHans>
http://www.ABLEconf.com/2012/Phoenix/Planning/<xHans> Free Software
Stammtisch is a week from Tuesday @ 19:00<xHans> Iguana Macks in
Chandler, the hour after the ABLEconf meeting<xHans>
http://www.LuftHans.com/Free_Software_Stammtisch#East_Valley<xHans>
ABLEconf is all day on March 24th at UAT in Tempe<xHans> Free Software
for Free Enterprise business and technology conference<xHans>
http://www.ABLEconf.com/<xHans> that's it from me for tonight<Oda> 3
people for a meeting, now 4<xHans> a positive growth trend :)<toddc>
Thanks xHans for keeping us up to date on Plug events and
ABLEconf.org<toddc> that is all I have any questions or comments or
other news or ideas?<xHans> bitte, thanks for helping coordinate
between the groups and tracking the Installfest stuff for both
groups<Dazed_75> xHans: Did you notice
http://www.ubuntu.com/business/desktop/remix<toddc> np happy to
:)<xHans> Dazed_75: I saw news of it, but hadn't yet looked at
it<Dazed_75> Thought you MIGHT have some interest<xHans> someone from
the LoCo want to cover it for either ABLEconf or PLUG or both?
:)<Dazed_75> Maybe for a PLUG meeting.  I can't go to ABLEconf<xHans>
only 32 bit?<toddc> I can ask around and or ask next week in the
meeting and may get some interest from the email list<xHans> yer other
thing is 3 days, certainly you can take one off for ABLEconf
:)<toddc> has anyone asked eric about cancelling to server installfest
during ABLEconf?<Dazed_75> Yes, looks like only 32 bit for now but I
expect 64 will follow<Dazed_75> Eric already cancelled his installfest
for that day<xHans> I have not<xHans> ah, see he's ahead of us
if there is nothing else?<xHans> :)<toddc> thanks for coming tonight
but I will be here a while if anyone needs help or has a
question<Dazed_75> I guess I should try to update Erics dates on the
PLUG cal as well<toddc> and welcome rick!!!! :)<Rich_> The netbook you
loaded Ubunto into for me is working flawlessly.<toddc> Cool glad to
hear it but them linux is usually a lot more stable !:)<toddc> then
:)\

--
Todd Cole
Ubuntu Arizona Team