[ubuntu-arizona] AZLoCo meeting 04/29/12

Todd Cole toddc at azloco.com
Mon Apr 30 04:44:54 UTC 2012

<toddc> Welcome to AZLOCO IRC Meeting Please sign in with a +1<toddc>
wiki site https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ArizonaTeam<adrenalin> +1<Siph0n>
+1<Dazed_75> +1<toddc> Team membership
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=445980<toddc> Feel free to
make comments and add input to our meeting at anytime.<toddc> Some of
us are in   http://azlocobbb.banditti.com/     tonight if you want to
talk or see us!<toddc> Anybody here that is new tonight?<toddc> We did
have two new members join this week<toddc> UBUNTU NEWS<toddc> 12.04 is
here!<Dazed_75> How to Sync & Quickly Re-install Applications on
Ubuntu<Dazed_75>
http://www.howtogeek.com/111989/how-to-sync-quickly-reinstall-applications-on-ubuntu<Dazed_75>
Indicator "Menus" Re-imagined Unity Style<Dazed_75>
http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2012/04/indicator-menus-re-imagined-unity-style/<Dazed_75>
Ubuntu 12.04 App Keyboard Shortcuts in a Spreadsheet<Dazed_75>
http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2012/04/ubuntu-12-04-app-shortcuts-spreadsheet-style/<Dazed_75>
Spread the Word on Full Circle Magazine (plus a script to download a
whole series of issues)<Dazed_75>
http://fullcirclemagazine.org/<rudgan> Hey are you guys running
bigblue<toddc> yup<Dazed_75> How to Install MATE Desktop in Ubuntu
12.04 or 11.10<Dazed_75>
http://ubuntuportal.com/how-to-install-mate-desktop-in-ubuntu-12-04ubuntu-11-10/<Dazed_75>
How to Install Ubuntu One Indicator for 11.04, 11.10, and
12.04<Dazed_75>
http://ubuntuportal.com/install-ubuntu-one-indicator-for-ubuntu/<Dazed_75>
Ubuntu 12.04 Released<Dazed_75>
http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2012/04/ubuntu-12-04-released/<Dazed_75>
http://www.webupd8.org/2012/04/ubuntu-1204-lts-released-see-whats-new.html<Dazed_75>
   http://www.linuxnov.com/reviews-ubuntu-12-04-lts-precise-pangolin-review/<Dazed_75>
Three Things to Do BEFORE Upgrading to Precise<Dazed_75>
http://maketecheasier.com/3-things-you-need-to-do-before-upgrading-to-ubuntu-precise/2012/04/27<Dazed_75>
to repeat: !!!<Dazed_75> Three Things to Do BEFORE Upgrading to
Precise<Dazed_75>
http://maketecheasier.com/3-things-you-need-to-do-before-upgrading-to-ubuntu-precise/2012/04/27<Dazed_75>
Things to Do/Tweak After installing Precise<Dazed_75>
http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2012/04/10-things-to-do-after-installing-ubuntu-12-04/<Dazed_75>
http://www.webupd8.org/2012/04/things-to-tweak-after-installing-ubuntu.html<Dazed_75>
http://www.webupd8.org/2012/04/ubuntu-tweak-07-gets-app-and-source.html<Dazed_75>
   http://www.ubuntuvibes.com/2012/04/install-lenses-and-scopes-in-ubuntu.html<Dazed_75>
   http://www.my-guides.net/en/guides/linux/330-ubuntu-1204-precise-pangolin-post-installation-guide<Dazed_75>
Ubuntu Precise vs Lucid (for those moving from one LTS to the
next)<Dazed_75>
http://mybroadband.co.za/news/software/48596-ubuntu-precise-versus-ubuntu-lucid-what-you-can-expect.html<Dazed_75>
Ubuntu 10.04 to 12.04 Upgrade -- How Does It Go?<Dazed_75>
http://admin.omgubuntu.co.uk/2012/04/ubuntu-10-04-12-04-upgrade-how-well-does-it-go/<Dazed_75>
Google Drive is Coming to Linux<Dazed_75>
http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2012/04/google-drive-is-coming-to-linux/<Dazed_75>
http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2012/04/how-to-access-google-drive-via-nautilus-in-ubuntu/<Dazed_75>
UbuntuOne Android App Adds Instagram, Power Saving Features<Dazed_75>
http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2012/04/ubuntu-one-android-app-adds-instagram-power-saving-features/<Dazed_75>
Wayland Update (does anyone know if ubuntu still plans to use
Wayland?)<Dazed_75>    https://lwn.net/Articles/491509/<toddc> I am
using Google Drive with no issues but right now you can only usit from
the google dash<Dazed_75> Gthumb 3.0.0 Re;eased with GTK3 Support,
Ubuntu PPA Available for 11.10 and 12.04<Dazed_75>
http://www.webupd8.org/2012/04/gthumb-300-released-ubuntu-ppa.html<Dazed_75>
Raspberry Pi Shipping Update<Dazed_75>
http://www.linuxuser.co.uk/news/raspberry-pi-shipping-update-more-pre-orders-very-soon/<Dazed_75>
Gubuntu 12.04 Ubuntu Gnome Shell Remix<Dazed_75>
http://www.muktware.com/articles/3557/gubuntu-1204-ubuntu-gnome-shell-remix-review<Dazed_75>
Fast and Easy Web Server Installation Script<Dazed_75>
http://ubuntuportal.com/install-and-configure-linux-server-using-a-bash-script-server-easy-install/<Dazed_75>
Firefox 12 Upgrades Arrives in Ubuntu<Dazed_75>
http://admin.omgubuntu.co.uk/2012/04/latest-firefox-release-arrives-in-ubuntu/<Dazed_75>
Wallach Wallpaper Changer for Gnome 3 and Unity<Dazed_75>
http://www.webupd8.org/2012/04/wallch-wallpaper-changer-for-gnome-3.html<Dazed_75>
and that the news from my side<toddc> thank you Dazed_75 for the news
!<toddc> German Bus runs linux!?!@<toddc>
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4287016/Bus-in-L%C3%BCneburg/This_Bus_runs_Linux.jpg<toddc>
12.04  cd's  have been ordered and should be here  around may
https://careers-icrossing.icims.com/jobs/1465/login?mode=prepopulate&iis=Pathways&iisn=Craigs+List+Phoenix&sn=Craigs+List+Phoenix<toddc>
System Admin network technical support<toddc>
twxbm-2961357112 at job.craigslist.org<toddc> limelight  is still looking
too<toddc> TEMPE INSTALLFEST<toddc> We will be moving several events
around as part of changes in the server and regular installfest<toddc>
the next desktop installfest will be on the first Saturday of  the
month from now on except may we will skip<toddc> We will also be
streaming all events on http://azlocobbb.banditti.com/  but until we
get organized<toddc> I will start as soon as possible after events
start but due to setup time I hope to find others to run it  as we get
bigger. This will let other's participate and be more active
state/world wide but will take time to develop and and get the word
out.<toddc> The last several installfests have been very busy so we
are also thinking about a room change in the future. The last several
events were at or near standing room only.<toddc> If you have time or
want to meet any of us or have problems feel free to show up.<toddc>
TEMPE SERVER INSTALLFEST<toddc> Tagose planning and development
meeting on May 12 10am-4 pm  2625 W Baseline Rd 85283 Room 208 across
the street from Fry's Electronics<toddc> Server Installfest will be
Saturday May 19 at UAT  10AM to 4M 2625 W Baseline Rd 85283 Room 208
across the street from Fry's Electronics<toddc> For more info
see<toddc> AzloCo.com calender at
http://www.azloco.com/?q=node/28<toddc> TEAM SERVER NEWS<toddc>
adrenaline would you like to update us?<toddc> the Test server
test.azloco.com has been fixed and upgraded to 12.04 thanks to
adrenaline and hope to be adding another server in the future. We are
installing drupal  on it to upgrade the web page<toddc> if some one
has a few minuets(hehe) and some drupal knowledge need some web
redesign<adrenalin> I think you said it all<toddc> please contact
have confirmed the date for the Ubuntu hour it will be May 17 at 7:00
pm at Extreme Bean in Tempe. We will need some flyers made any other
Ideas?<toddc> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Hour<toddc>
http://xtremebeancoffee.com/loc.php<toddc> I got the first one started
now we need one out west or north-----<toddc> we moved the trip to
Prescott back one month so  slofgren could join us at the
meeting<toddc> We are planning to attend the LUGY meeting in Prescott
on June 11 at 7pm<toddc> I am planning on a carpool for those
interested leaving at Az Mills Mall at 4PM<toddc> I am allowing a bit
of extra time to get there but if if you want to go we could<toddc>
leave a bit later if needed<toddc> that is all I have any questions or
comments or other news or ideas?<toddc> xHans if you are here do you
have any news for us?<toddc> june 12 for the prescott trip<toddc> PLUG
EVENTS<toddc> The Developer Meeting will be held on Thursday, May 3 at
7:30pm at UAT<toddc> Plug east side meeting Thursday May 10 at MCC
Southern ave and Dobson at the Kirk student center<toddc> 7-9
pm<toddc> plug installfest is June 2 at UAT 48st and Baseline road
Tempe across from Fry's Electronics 10AM to 4M 2625 W Baseline Rd
85283 Room 208<toddc> Free Software Stammtisch Tuesday May 15 at
Iguana Macks 7:00PM 1371 N Alma School Rd Chandler AZ 85224<toddc>
that is all I have any questions or comments or other news or
ideas?<toddc> if there is nothing else?<[R]> oh!<[R]> i actually
do<toddc> go<[R]> i have a friend who said she saw a flyer at asu for
installfest<[R]> and i didnt see it and i wasn't sure if it was for
plug/ubuntu or something else<[R]> but she said she didnt quite
understand what it was for<Dazed_75> ASU had one Saturday the same day
we did<toddc> oh asu lugs we have invited them several times and went
to one of there<[R]> so it might have been for one of theirs
then<toddc> they tend to change members and have not had a interest in
working togeather<toddc> yes that would be theirs* rudgan has quit
(Remote host closed the connection)<toddc> they also tend to work on
more advanced projects<toddc> any other questions or ideas?* spinrage
has quit (Quit: Leaving)<toddc> Thanks for coming tonight. I will be
here a while if anyone needs help or has a question

--
Todd Cole
Ubuntu Arizona Team
toddc at azloco.com