[ubuntu-arizona] AZLoCo meeting 04/15/2012

Todd Cole toddc at azloco.com
Mon Apr 16 04:26:50 UTC 2012

<toddc> Welcome to AZLOCO IRC Meeting Please sign in with a
+1<Yorokobi> +1<toddc> +1<Rich__> +1<Dazed_75> +1<toddc> Team web site
http://azloco.com/<toddc> Team wiki site
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ArizonaTeam<toddc> Team membership
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=445980<toddc> Feel free to
make comments and add input to our meeting at anytime.<toddc> I will
also be in http://azlocobbb.banditti.com tonight if you want to talk
or see me.<toddc> Anybody here that is new tonight?<toddc> plesae
introduce yurself and tell us a bit about yourself<toddc> UBUNTU
NEWS<toddc> 11 Days till 12.04<toddc> Dazed_75 will do the news
tonight<Dazed_75> Bonanza: Four Pane File Manager<Dazed_75>
http://www.linux-magazine.com/Online/Blogs/Productivity-Sauce/Pane-Bonanza-4Pane-File-Manager<Dazed_75>
Simon Speech Recognition Project Moves from Sourcforge to KDE git
<Dazed_75> Infrastructure<Dazed_75>
http://dot.kde.org/2012/04/08/simon-speech-recognition-project-moves-kde<Dazed_75>
Some Praise for Unity and the HUD<Dazed_75>
http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/opensource/ubuntu-unity-58-seriously-impresses/3514?tag=content;siu-container<Dazed_75>
http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/opensource/ubuntus-hud-light-years-beyond-any-menu-system/3535<Dazed_75>
Arthur C Clarke Describes the Future [Internet wise] in 1974
Video<Dazed_75>
http://www.howtogeek.com/110904/arthur-c.-clarke-describe-the-future-internet-in-1974-video<Dazed_75>
Kubuntu Gets a Sponsor<Dazed_75>
http://www.kubuntu.org/news/kubuntu-to-be-sponsored-by-blue-systems<Dazed_75>
Support for Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat Ended April 10,
2012<Dazed_75> http://ubuntuportal.com/support-for-ubuntu-10-10-maverick-meerkat-end-on-april-10-2012-1/<Dazed_75>
How Canonical's Next Moves Could Repaint the Linux Landscape<Dazed_75>
http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/opensource/how-canonicals-next-moves-could-repaint-the-linux-landscape/3550<Dazed_75>
"Send to Ubuntu One" Button<Dazed_75>
http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2012/04/send-to-ubuntu-one-button/<Dazed_75>
For Administrators of Large Installations (I think)<Dazed_75>
http://www.jorgecastro.org/2012/04/03/the-juju-charm-store-will-change-the-way-you-use-ubuntu-server/<Dazed_75>
https://juju.ubuntu.com/<Dazed_75> Make Games for Android, Flash, or
iOS<Dazed_75> http://betanews.com/2012/04/13/want-to-code-your-own-android-flash-or-ios-game-try-stencyl-2-0-beta/<Dazed_75>
http://www.stencyl.com/<Dazed_75> Move Over Visio Beacuse Dia Delights
and is Available for Windows, OS X, <Dazed_75> and Linux<Dazed_75>
http://betanews.com/2012/04/12/move-over-visio-because-dia-delights/<Dazed_75>
http://live.gnome.org/Dia  (Note: Linux users get It from their
<Dazed_75> repositories)<Dazed_75> Increase Screen Resolution Beyond
Its Default Setting<Dazed_75>      <Dazed_75>
http://maketecheasier.com/increase-screen-resolution-beyond-its-default-settings-linux/2012/04/13<Dazed_75>
Unity 5.10 Adds New App Install Animation, Minor Tweaks<Dazed_75>
<Dazed_75> http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2012/04/unity-5-10-adds-new-app-install-animation-minor-tweaks/<Dazed_75>
Ubuntu Phone Takes a Step (New Hire at Canonical)<Dazed_75>
http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2012/04/ubuntu-phone-os-takes-a-step-closer/<Dazed_75>
Raspberry PI has started shipping!!!!<Dazed_75>
http://www.raspberrypi.org/<Dazed_75> Ubuntu 12.04 LTS KVM
Virtualization Battles 8.04.4, 10.04.4 LTS<Dazed_75>
http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=ubuntu_1204_kvmhist&num=1<Dazed_75>
Ubuntu Linux Comes Preloaded on Two New Laptops<Dazed_75>
http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/253436/ubuntu_linux_comes_preloaded_on_two_new_laptops.html<toddc>
thank you Dazed_75 for the news !<toddc> TEAM NEWS<toddc> If you would
like a azloco.com email address please contact me at
toddc at azloco.com<toddc> JOB LIST<toddc> Large Company Seeks Skilled
Developer..TOP PAY! (Phoenix)<toddc>
http://phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/sad/2952840118.html<toddc> TEMPE
INSTALLFEST<toddc> We will be moving several events around as part of
changes in the server and regular installfest<toddc> and we will
announce more after we check the schedule at UAT for rooms<toddc> We
will also be trying to stream all events on
http://azlocobbb.banditti.com/  but until we get organized<toddc> I
will start as soon as possible after events start but due to setup
time I hope to find others to run it  as we get bigger. This will let
other's participate and be more active state/world wide but will take
time to develop and and get the word out.<toddc> Azloco/plug
installfest is April 28  at UAT 10am to 4  PM 2625 W Baseline Rd 85283
Tempe across from Fry's Electronics 10AM to 4M 2625 W Baseline Rd
85283 Room 208 48st and Baseline Rd<toddc> TEMPE SERVER
INSTALLFEST<toddc> Server Installfest Saturday April 21 at UAT  10AM
to 4M 2625 W Baseline Rd 85283 Room 208 across the street from Fry's
Electronics<toddc> This will be a open lab event to work on server
projects please contact us about special projects so we can prepare in
advance if possible.<toddc> For more info see<toddc> AzloCo.com
calender at http://www.azloco.com/?q=node/28<toddc> With any luck we
might have a Raspberry Pi to test<toddc> TEAM SERVER NEWS<toddc> Also
the test server is ready to to go so if you want to test you skills or
program please let us know<toddc> see
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ArizonaTeam/Teams/Server for more info<toddc>
Current plans are to add BigBlueButton ver 08-beta-3 to azloco.com
also a link to the Ubuntu classroom Training Page once Drupal is
updated.<toddc> UBUNTU TRAINING<toddc> Ubuntu Women Career Days: Media
Liaison<toddc> Wed, April 18, 4pm – 5pm gmt<toddc>
Where#ubuntu-classroom on irc.freenode<toddc> Instructor:
System76Chick<toddc> FUTURE EVENTS<toddc> We are planning to attend
the LUGY meeting in Prescott on May 8 at 7pm<toddc> I am planning on a
carpool for those interested leaving at Az Mills Mall at 4PM<toddc> I
am allowing a bit of extra time to get there but if if you want to go
we could<toddc> leave a bit later if needed<toddc> ETA for my
raspberry PI is 4/23 and as soon as it shows we will be setting up a
few events test/break it in and see what it can do!  Any and all ideas
for projects are welcome<toddc> xHans are you here?<Dazed_75> Free
Software Stammtisch Tuesday April 17 at Iguana Macks 7:00PM 1371 N
Alma School Rd Chandler AZ 85224<Dazed_75> plug installfest is April
28 at UAT 48st and Baseline road Tempe across from Fry's Electronics
10AM to 4M 2625 W Baseline Rd 85283 Room 208<Dazed_75> Server
installfest this Saturday 10-4PM at University of Advancing Technology
2625 W Baseline Rd Tempe AZ Room 208  <toddc> Two weeks ago I reported
that we had 12.04 CD's on the way<toddc> it seems that I or someone
like me?@# ordered cd's during wiki upgrade we now have a total of
275<toddc> 11.10cd's to pass out in the next week or two and we hate
to waste them so please get some and push<toddc> 11.10 to friends
neighbors business schools ect<toddc> that is all I have any questions
or comments or other news or ideas?<toddc> if there is nothing
else?<toddc> Thanks for coming tonight. I will be here a while if
anyone needs help or has a question<toddc>
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Fridge/LoCoCalendar

--
Todd Cole
Ubuntu Arizona Team