[ubuntu-arizona] Azloco Oct23 meeting

Todd Cole toddc at azloco.com
Mon Oct 24 05:48:31 UTC 2011

<toddc> spinrage: you made it!:)
<toddc> Welcome to AZLOCO IRC Meeting Please sign in with a +1
<toddc> +1
<spinrage> +1
<Dazed_75> +1
<spinrage> signing in on ubuntu 11.10
<toddc> Feel free to make comments and add input to our meeting at anytime.
<toddc> Anyone here new tonight please introduce yourself  and tell us a
little about yourself?
<toddc> I will also be in http://azlocobbb.banditti.com tonight if you want
to talk or see me.
<Siph0n> +1
<toddc> News first so if we have any late arrivals and Siph0n  is here too
<toddc> Vodafone launches $188 Ubuntu Webbook for developing countries
<toddc> Starting with 12.04 LTS support will go from three years to 5 years
due to corporate interest in long term support needs
<toddc> Ubuntu was 7 years old as of oct 20 A lot has happened since then
<toddc> seems like yesterday :)
<toddc> Is Open Source Up to Par? Just Ask DOD
<toddc> Broken Windows? Ubuntu Linux Saves the Day
<toddc> Ubuntu One Sync App Released for Windows
<toddc> http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/?p=21165
<toddc> Add a ‘Force Quit’ Applet to Ubuntu’s Unity Launcher
<toddc> We would like to start several Ubuntu hour events at coffee shop or
bars for quick get togethers
<toddc> if anyone would like to find a spot on the west or north please let
us know? Dennisk is arranging one at
<toddc> the xtream bean in Tempe dates and time to follow
<toddc> We now have 11.10 cd's please hook up with Dazed_75 or my self and
pass out these and spread the word  of Linux/open source and or installfests
<toddc> Azloco/plug installfest is Oct 29 at UAT 48st and Baseline road
Tempe across from
<toddc> Fry's Electronics 10AM to 4M 2625 W Baseline Rd 85283 Room 208we
have a release party
<toddc> for 11.10 at the installfest and word is Lisa will be holding her
security hack fest with us for a while
<toddc> so it should be a great event.
<toddc> The last several installfests have been very busy so if you have
time or want to meet any of us or have problems feel free to show up.
<toddc> We are planning a 11.10 Release party for the October 29 installfest
<toddc> that is about all I have tonight any comments?
<Siph0n> none from me.
<toddc> Dazed_75: do you have any other news?
<toddc> xHans if you are here do you have any news for us?
<xHans> ABLEconf Call for Participation went out last week
<xHans> http://www.ABLEconf.com/2012/Phoenix/CfP
<toddc> are we still looking for a location?
<xHans> yeah
<toddc> kk will try to check a few
<xHans> danke
<toddc> are all west side events stopped for the time being?
<xHans> finally heard back from UAT, but haven't yet gotten everything
<xHans> in any case, Friday at UAT will be iffy at best
<xHans> I have no idea what's going on west side
* Dazed_75 has quit (Read error: Operation timed out)
* wipmonkey has quit (Read error: Operation timed out)
* wipmonkey (~wipmonkey at ip68-231-178-229.tc.ph.cox.net) has joined
<toddc> I hate to keep it on the calender if no one will be there
<xHans> the general meetings have left the old location, but I don't know if
they've stopped or just not found a new location
<xHans> go ahead and drop them from the calendar until we have it worked out
<toddc> ok will do
<toddc> Thanks xHans for keeping us up to date
<toddc> thanks for coming tonight but I will be here a while if anyone needs
help or has a question I will be here a while
<xHans> have a great week

Todd Cole
Ubuntu Arizona Team
TEMPE AZ  85282-6507