[ubuntu-arizona] Meeting notes 11/20/2011

Todd Cole toddc at azloco.com
Mon Nov 21 04:27:59 UTC 2011

<toddc> Welcome to AZLOCO IRC Meeting Please sign in with a +1<toddc>
+1<Dazed_75> +1<toddc> Feel free to make comments and add input to our
meeting at anytime.<toddc> Feel free to make comments and add input to
our meeting at anytime.<Eric-A> +1<toddc> I will also be in
http://azlocobbb.banditti.com tonight if you want to talk or see
me.<toddc> Let's start with the news till everyone get's here<toddc>
USB Stick Contains Dual-Core Computer, Turns Any Screen Into an
Android Station<toddc>
http://blog.laptopmag.com/usb-stick-contains-dual-core-computer-turns-any-screen-into-an-android-station<toddc>
Virtualization With KVM On Ubuntu 11.10<toddc>
http://www.howtoforge.com/virtualization-with-kvm-on-ubuntu-11.10<toddc>
100 Best Free and High Quality Linux Games<toddc>
http://www.cahilig.net/2011/07/29/100-best-free-and-high-quality-linux-games<toddc>
Barnes & Noble Exposes Microsoft's "Trivial" Patents and Strategy
Against Android<toddc>
http://groklaw.net/article.php?story=2011111122291296<spinrage>
+1<toddc> hi :)<toddc> Desura a new multi platform gaming
comuity<toddc> http://www.desura.com/<toddc> HealthCheck Ubuntu – The
search for unity<toddc>
http://www.h-online.com/open/features/HealthCheck-Ubuntu-The-search-for-unity-1377292.html<toddc>
this article was a good read also<toddc> The best Ubuntu backup
tools<toddc> http://apcmag.com/the-best-ubuntu-backup-tools.htm<toddc>
JOB LIST<toddc> Senior Linux Administrator<toddc>
jobs at ishosting.biz<toddc> IT Manager (Mesa, AZ)<toddc>
job-vwuvr-2707785773 at craigslist.org<toddc> NOC Engineer (Contract to
hire) (Tempe, Arizona) Liveops<toddc>
http://newton.newtonsoftware.com/career/SubmitResume.action?id=8aa00506328ba3a401328cc64e301d2b&source=Craigslist<toddc>
IT Environment Coordinator (Glendale, AZ) several positions<toddc>
http://isostech.theresumator.com/apply/vU6vSR/IT-Environment-Coordinator.html?source=CRAG<toddc>
TEAM SERVER NEWS<toddc> we got a few things started on the test server
saterday at the installfest but I still need some help to fimish it up
:)<toddc> TEMPE INSTALLFEST<toddc> Due to Thanksgiving and Christmas
we have a new schedule for November and December<toddc> There will be
one installfest on December 3 at UAT only<toddc> November 27 meeting
will be canceled due to thanksgiving<toddc> December 25th meeting is
canceled due to falling on Dec 25 Merry Xmas<toddc>  January 1st
meeting will also be canceled due to the new year<toddc> PLUG
EVENTS<toddc> xHans if you are here do you have any news for
us?<xHans> the ABLEconf call for proposals early bird deadline is
today<xHans> if you've got a proposal please get it in soon as that
helps the presentation committee plan for the event<xHans>
http://www.ABLEconf.com/2012/Phoenix/CfP<xHans> you got the
Installfests, which is the other thing for right now<xHans> the PLUG
east side meeting in 3 weeks is our annual end of year party<xHans>
the Stammtisch will be the normal 3rd Tuesday for December, which is
the 20th<xHans> that's all I have for tonight<toddc> Thanks xHans for
keeping us up to date on Plug events and ABLEconf<xHans> bitte, thanks
for the platform :)<Dazed_75> It's been a slow news week with all
those folks preparing to feast this week<toddc> that is all I have any
questions or comments or other news or ideas? we really should try to
do 1 of the ubuntu hour before the end of the year so I will try to
find time to set one up

--
Todd Cole
Ubuntu Arizona Team