[ubuntu-arizona] July 31 meeting notes

Todd Cole toddc at azloco.com
Mon Aug 1 04:29:23 UTC 2011

<toddc> +1<dennisk> +1<Dazed_75> +1<toddc> Feel free to make comments
and add input to our meeting at anytime.<toddc> Anyone here new
tonight please introduce yourself  and tell us a little about
yourself?<toddc> isz_id: say hi<toddc> I will also be in
http://azlocobbb.banditti.com tonight if you want to talk or see
me.<toddc> Ubuntu 11.04 CD's are in, get with me to help Distribute
them<toddc> Please look over the following applications and add
testimonials or improve it if you can help<toddc> this what our
application should look like
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/FrenchTeam/ApprovalApplication<toddc> this is
our currant application<isz_id> +1<toddc> thanks and say hi<isz_id>
hi...<toddc> this is our currant application
https://wiki.kubuntu.org/ArizonaTeam/ApprovalApplicationrenewal#preview<toddc>
Say what? GNU Emacs violates the GPL<toddc>
http://www.xydo.com/toolbar/25469965-say_what_gnu_emacs_violates_the_gpl_-_network_world<toddc>
Netflix Instant is coming to the entire Linux Community!--maybe<toddc>
http://benjaminkerensa.com/netflix-instant-is-coming-to-the-entire-linux<toddc>
Ubuntu One upgraded to 5GB free storage<toddc>
http://benjaminkerensa.com/netflix-instant-is-coming-to-the-entire-linux<toddc>
Ubuntu goes head-to-head with Red Hat and Windows in businesses<toddc>
http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/2097312/ubuntu-goes-head-head-red-hat-windows-businesses<toddc>
73 Days till 11.10<toddc> We have been contacted by the International
School in Tucson about ubuntu and found that it is one of their main
OS's and we will be listing them as a Ubuntu user on the azloco.com
page and are checking to see what else we can do to support them. So,
another Tucson installfest or trip may be in the future.<toddc> I am
planning on a Global Jam event and need to set a date so more to
follow<toddc> Recommended Dates are 2-4 of September 2011<toddc>
http://www.jonobacon.org/2011/07/20/calling-those-to-rock-the-ubuntu-11-10-global-jam/<toddc>
Thanks to Dazed_75 for keeping up the logs and dennisk for taking on
education team and wiki<toddc> JOB LIST<toddc> several jobs are
availible at Limelight networks<toddc>
http://www.limelightnetworks.com/content-delivery-company/careers/<toddc>
SRP has a posting on their website for a Sr. Linux Admin:<toddc>
https://www.srp.apply2jobs.com/ProfExt/index.cfm?fuseaction=mExternal.showJob&RID=4565&CurrentPage=1<toddc>
I am looking to hire an administrator/technician.<toddc>
http://www.phoenixinternet.net<toddc> TEAM SERVER NEWS<toddc> Thanks
to Shane Lofgren for getting both the azloco.com and test.azloco
servers up to 10.04<toddc> this is a bit of work so thank him if you
see him in the channel.  He will also be updating  the Drupal soon so
any Ideas to update the site please let us know.  We do hope to add
our big blue button server<toddc> to it as a user access from
azloco.com* toddcnb has quit (Ping timeout: 276 seconds)<toddc> Also
the test server is ready to to go so if you want to test you skills or
program please let us know<toddc> see
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ArizonaTeam/Teams/Server for more info<toddc>
Current plans are to add BigBlue Button to azloco.com also a link to
the Ubuntu classroom Training Page as soon as Drupal is updated.  So,
if someone has time /skill please let me know<toddc> UBUNTU
TRAINING<toddc> See http://people.ubuntu.com/~nhandler/classroom.html
for calender of events<toddc> Please note that all training events
have been removed from azloco.com calender due to over crowding issues
but let me know what you want in and out of the calender so we can
sync it and not overload your calenders<toddc> FUTURE EVENTS<toddc> I
am planning on attending LUGY (Prescott LUGS)meeting August 9 meeting
is 7-9 PM if anyone else would like to go it should be a nice drive up
plan to leave around 5 but we can be flexible.<toddc> Are there any
interests in doing any other group projects--installfests or server
projects?<Dazed_75> Leave at 5 from where?<toddc> PLUG EVENTS* toddcnb
(~chatzilla at ip98-165-91-141.ph.ph.cox.net) has joined
#Ubuntu-US-AZ<toddc> I think az mills but can be anywhere<toddc>
Developer Meeting Thursday, August 04, 2011, 19:30 - 21:30 uat<toddc>
All are invited but topics are about software and hardware development
with and/or for Linux.<toddc> First Thursday of each month at 7:30PM
at UAT<toddc> xHans if you are here do you have any news for
us?<dennisk> Here's a link to the Linux Foundation's 20th Anniversary
of Linux video. It's perfect for showing to friends. Explains what
Linux is and where it's used -- everywhere. Very professional!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ocq6_3-nEw<toddc> Thanks dennisk  it a
good clip I started watching it eariler<toddc> if there is nothing
else?<toddc> thanks for coming tonight but I will be here a while if
anyone needs help or has a question<isz_id> Thanks Todd.