[ubuntu-arizona] sunday night meeting

Scott Gwin j.scott.gwin at gmail.com
Sun Aug 8 10:03:50 BST 2010

Hello all,

This is a reminder that we have a AZ LoCo Team meeting weekly at 9:00pm
local time on IRC irc.freenode.net #ubuntu-us-az.  If you don't realize
it we need to have weekly meetings to plan Team events so we can retain
our status as an official Ubuntu LoCo Team.  So, if you enjoy having a
nice IRC Channel, team server, etc. the team meetings are important.

Also, for those of you that are relatively new we have many things
available to team members that you may not know about.  Of course you
know about the Team website, www.azloco.com.  On that website you'll
find many resources available.  For example if you are interested in
keeping a blog you can do that through the website.  We also have
@azloco.com email addresses available.  If you look up at the top right
part of the main page you'll find more things available to you.
Something of prime importance to thpose of you that are learning Linux
and want to learn about running a server but don't have the hardware we
have a test server that you can access.  You'll just need to contact one
of the Server Team or me with a list of what you plan to do and when so
time can be scheduled.  If interested, please read this:
http://azloco.com/node/57.  We also used to have an account with
cafepress where we could purchase team swag like t-shirts, caps, coffee
cups, etc.  If enough interest is shown, I can set it up again and make
it available.  This is, by no means, a comprehensive list of everything
available to AZ LoCo Team members but it hop it's enough to get you
interested in becoming more active and taking time to check our website,
wiki, etc.  Also, you can make use of the mailing list for anything that
you feel would be interesting to other team members.

Oh, and, I was recently given a copy of The Official Ubuntu Book 5th
Edition.  Matthew Helmke, one of the authors lives in Tucson and has
been kind enough to give us a copy of any book about Ubuntu that he
authors or co-authors.  This book will, most likely, be given away at
our next teem event in a free-raffle like the last one was.

Enjoy,

Scott
j.scott.gwin at ubuntu.com