[ubuntu-arizona] Ubuntu-Arizona Weekly Newsletter, Issue #107
Craig A. Eddy
tyche at cox.net
Wed Dec 2 17:10:33 GMT 2009
Welcome to the Ubuntu-Arizona Weekly Newsletter, Issue #107 for the week
November 23, November 29.
* Arizona Loco Newsletter
* One Hundred Seventh Edition
* Powered by Ubuntu
* Wednesday-December 2, 2009
* Arizona Loco Team Wiki: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ArizonaTeam
* Next meeting: Sunday December 6, 2009 9:00 PM
* Server: Freenode: IRC Channel #ubuntu-us-az
== Newsletter ==
=== Summary of the November 29, 2009 meeting ===
scott_ev called the meeting to order at 9:00 PM
scott_ev then gave an announcement:
* Welcome everyone. Thank you for attending tonight's meeting. I
haven't been around all that much on sunday nights. I do know that our
leader johnc4510 has been very very busy in other areas of his life and
has had to step back from us a little. This LoCo is important to me and
I hope it is to you also and I feel that we can keep things rolling in
john's absence. I doubt this is a permanent thing, but, for now we just
need to divide up.
scott_ev then mentioned that he would be trying to get ahold of
johnc4510 in the next week. He added, "I think the most important thing
for us to do as a LoCo is get back in the habit of having meetings.
It's in the meetings that everything gets organized. We plan all the
fun things in the meetings." scott_eve also asked if there were any
documents about team leadership. [Ed. note: Found after the meeting
were the following links - https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoTeamHowto ,
, and http://www.ubuntu.com/community/leadership-conduct ]
scott_ev then discussed the possibility of an Ubuntu 10.04 release
party. "I think it would be a good idea to get a jump on organizing a
release party for 10.04 whatever it's gonna be called Lucid Lynx or
something like that. Maybe we could do it right after the installfest
at UAT in April. I know we may not have the CDs by then, but installing
it isn't the main point of a release party. We could go over to
Boulders on Broadway from the installfest." Ubuntu 10.04 is an Long
Term Support release, and an effort to have CDs available for the
release party is important. Also, scott_ev will be getting in touch
with Lenards about the possibility of another install fest in Tucson
scott_ev then asked for PLUG announcements from xHans.
* PLUG Hackfest security lab this Tuesday in Phoenix. Topic:
* PLUG devel meeting this Thursday in Tempe. Topic: debugging from
local Sun sales engineer. http://PLUG.phoenix.az.us/node/555
* PLUG and AZLoCo end of year Installfest this Saturday in Tempe.
* PLUG annual end of year party next Thursday in Mesa.
* Other than the Installfest all PLUG Dezember meetings should happen
at the correct date and time.
There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 9:17 PM.
== Credits ==
More information about the Ubuntu-us-az