[ubuntu-arizona] Prescott Computer Society (PCS) Presentation

Shane Lofgren slofgren at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 17:31:18 GMT 2008

On last Saturday (Oct 25th) I gave a general and albeit disorganized
presentation about Linux for
PCS<http://www.prescottcomputersociety.org/aspx/pcs-home.aspx>.
I know some of LUGY <http://lugy.net/> members were present and suffered
through the event.  My presentation partner John
Crawford<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/JohnCrawford>had to back out due to a
family emergency.  I spoke and answered questions
regarding what Linux is and how it can benefit them.  Most people in
attendance have never used Linux.  The over all response was positive and
they all were interested in hearing some more presentations that were
pointed to a specific topic.  I informed them about LUGY's monthly meetings
(local LUG the meets in Prescott) and their interests in expanding to add a
monthly meeting geared toward presentations.  Hopefully LUGY might see some
increased attendance in meetings and possibly take interest in attending
Ubuntu meetings and events.  PCS invited us back when they rejoin after the
holidays.  Is anyone interested in helping give some presentations?  They
could be a group effort or multiple short presentaions.  LUGY is also
looking to find a place to hold monthly presentation meetings to have
inaddition to their social pizza and beer meetings.

-Shane Lofgren