[ubuntu-arizona] PLUG to hold install fest May 31

Mike Schwartz schwartz at acm.org
Fri May 30 19:19:37 BST 2008

    I attended the
         https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ArizonaTeam/Installfest
on May 17, 2008 and I greatly appreciate the help given to me.
(my first time - thanks to everyone who was so nice and/or helpful!)
(and I think this is my first post to this list.)
   Those "if any" who missed that event, might be interested to learn that
PLUG (the Phoenix Linux Users Group) [http://plug.phoenix.az.us/]
is having an install fest May 31, 2008  -- so it is not "too late".
This event is not specific to Ubuntu (it covers any distro)  See:
  http://lists.plug.phoenix.az.us/lurker/message/20080530.154549.60538031.en.html
and
  http://lists.plug.phoenix.az.us/lurker/message/20080530.141631.f710d3e7.en.html

When:	Sat May 31 10am – 4pm (MST)
Where:	University of Advancing Technology loc: 2625 W Baseline Tempe, AZ 85283

The PLUG people running this might need more folks who can help, like
with DVDs / CDs / expertise, / whatever.  Also, of course, they
welcome newbies,
who can perhaps be helped to become part of the Gnu/Linux phenomenon.
(actually, they might be swamped this month - [see the 2nd "20080530"
link above];
 but come anyway;  you can learn a lot, just by watching - - even if the place
 is so busy, there are not enough "helpers" to go around.)
--
Mike Schwartz
Glendale AZ
schwartz at acm.org