[ubuntu-arizona] AZ Team going before LoCo council for Approval and Official Recognition

John Crawford johnc4510 at cox.net
Sun Jun 1 17:07:18 BST 2008

Greetings to the Arizona Team

On Wednesday, June 4th, 2008 at 9:00 AM local time, our team will go
before the Ubunu LoCo Council Board to try and gain offical recognition
as an Approved Ubuntu LoCo team. The meeting will be in the IRC channel
#ubuntu-meeting on the irc.freenode.net network. Just join our team
channel as usual, and then type /join #ubuntu-meeting. As I said, the
meeting starts at 9:00 AM local time, and we are the 4th team on the
list of teams applying for approval.

If you have never attended one of these membership meetings, don't
worry. tyche and I have been involved in serveral. Below you will find a
listing of how it will work, what you should and shouldn't do.

1. The channel the meeting is held in is not a channel for chatting in.
While the meeting is in session, you should refrain from any idle talk
to give the other teams that are up for approval a chance to make their
presentations, and the council a chance to ask any questions.

2. When it is our turn to make our presentation, the council will call
on us.

3. At that point, I will paste our pre-prepared team introduction into
the channel.

4. Now is the time to cheer for our team and let your presence be known
to the council. A simple: "I'm here to cheer on the AZ team", or "w00t
for the Arizona team", or something like that is very helpful and
appropriate. A good rule of thumb is to watch for tyche to begin the
cheering and follow his lead.

5. After the short cheering session, about the time it takes the council
to read our intro, we ask that you please refrain from making any
further comments, and let me answer all questions that the council may ask.

6. After the council has voted, and if we are approved, it is ok to add
another brief cheer before the next team is called.

This step is very important for our team. Though conflicts like work and
school are understandable, it is my hope that all team members who can
will somehow find a way to attend this meeting and voice their support
for our team. The council likes to see a good turn out of team members
showing their support, and it could really make a difference to our
success in this endeavor.

I personally want to thank every team member for helping our team get to
this point.

Thanks, and I'll see you at the Council Meeting!

John Crawford aka johnc4510
Arizona Team Leader