[ubuntu-arizona] Looking for help, users and items listed.

advertising at ourbuntu.com advertising at ourbuntu.com
Fri Feb 1 01:05:53 GMT 2008

Hello Everyone,

Please forgive me for posting to this group but I am not a fortune 500
company with deep pockets. I simply wanted to introduce an idea to
everyone that may give everyone even more freedom in the marketplace of
computing.

I got to thinking sometime back. Would it be possible to have a community
driven computer vendor?

Being a long time Ubuntu user. I realized that with Ubuntu/Linux on the
rise and at a point of everyday usability for anyone and without the need
for licensing the community driven computer vendor was possible.

So I decided to take an auction style approach with a spin and a focus of
Ubuntu/Linux based complete and usuable systems and allow anyone or
company to list there inventory.

Keeping in the spirit of OpenSource and Ubuntu I decided to keep the site
completely free with no site fees, store fees, or closing cost fees.

Below is our definition of a community based computer vendor.

1. Anyone can list their inventory of GNU/Linux based computers on our
auction style store.

2. Everyones system listed is preconfigured with a complete GNU/Linux
desktop or server OS.

3. Placing and fulfilling custom order systems can be achieved using the
wanted area of our site.

4. Together we can provide support for and find help through our community
based support forums.

5. Our advertising, popularity and success depends on all of us, our
support and the systems we offer.

Needless to say Ourbuntu.com has not been officially launched yet we are
looking for help, users and items listed before going forward with the
press release.

Please take some time and explore the site and let me know of any
suggestions you may have. Better still would be to register and maybe list
of few of your computers or maybe even buy one lol.

Thanks for reading.
your friend
Ronnie Whisler
Ourbuntu.com

P.S.
Don't worry I won't be posting here often and didn't mean to offend anyone.

If you would like to visit the site   http://www.ourbuntu.com