[ubuntu-arizona] Gutsy Release Parties

John Crawford johnc4510 at cox.net
Fri Sep 21 18:12:39 BST 2007

Greetings to the AZ Team

What is a Gutsy Release Party? It's happens when Ubuntu releases a new
version of the latest and greatest open source operating system. Release
 parties are geared to not only celebrate the new release, but also for
team members to get acquainted and help each other with installation and
configuration of the operating system.

At this Sunday's meeting I want to firm up the plan to have Gutsy
Release Parties in Tucson and Phoenix. The release date is 10/18/07 and
we should be deciding where to have these events. So please mark your
calendars to attend this next meeting. Sunday, September 23, 2007 at
9:00 PM in the  AZ team channel #ubuntu-arizona.

It would be nice to have only one release party for the whole state, but
this is not possible due to the number of the members who are under 18
and still in school, and also because it's during the work week for most
of us. So, be thinking between now and Sunday about places in Tuscon and
Phoenix that we could have the parties. Free wifi should be a priority
and also a place where food(maybe pizza) is available to bring more of a
party atmosphere to the event. All members are welcome, whether you have
been an active participant in the loco or not. This is a chance to get
to know other members and see what our loco is doing to advocate Ubuntu
in the State of Arizona. Put your thinking caps on so we can then put
our party hats on and celebrate the newest and greatest Ubuntu release
on the 18th!!

John Crawford aka johnc4510
【John Crawford           ★       johnc4510-cox at ubuntu.com       ★】
【Arizona Team Leader     ★       GnuPG ID: 0x59CC2A69           ★】
【US Teams Project-Mentor ★       http://johnc4510.wordpress.com ★】
【Ubuntu Marketing-UWN    ★       I ❤  Ubuntu and Open Source    ★】