[ubuntu-arizona] Hello from Gilbert, AZ

Matthew Foote matthew.foote at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 23:14:57 BST 2007

Hey all~

I'm new to the group and just thought I would introduce myself before the
formal meetings.  I'm not totally sure I will be able to make the meetings
but I will give it my best effort.

I just moved back to Arizona after working up in Washington State for a
little while.  I am a Mechanical Engineer by trade but computing enthusiast
by hobby.  I have been using Linux for maybe 3 years now starting with
Mandrake Linux (before it was Mandriva) and switching over to Ubuntu.  I got
into it originally because I was looking for a matlab clone and I found
Octave.  I've enjoyed my time using Linux and while I am not as committed as
I would like (I keep both OS's on the HD) I do like to dabble.

Some of the things I like to use my system for are basic Internet browsing,
gaming, statistical and scientific analysis, music recording and some
computer modeling (mostly engineering but I am branching into game models as
well).

Have a great day everyone and I will talk to you later.

Matthew D Foote