Firefox Crash

Tommy Trussell tommy.trussell at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 16:17:32 BST 2007

On 5/25/07, Robert C. Mullins <mullins at gaelicmysts.com> wrote:
> If you are like me, more than likely you have a bunch of plugins for
> Firefox.  The only thing is that I have now started experiencing a kind
> of glitch.  Whenever I try typing into the 'address bar' Firefox will;
> 1. Crash and close itself.
> 2. Crash my entire system.
> 3. Stop responding altogether.
>
> Is anyone experiencing or experienced this in the past?  I have started
> un-installing plugins one at a time, but I am not seeming to find it,
> and I don't want to take them all off and starting afresh.

Have you found it yet? I believe there's a good list of diagnostic
procedures at the Mozilla.org web site.

But in my experience another thing that can happen is you can get a
corrupted file in your profile -- even a cache file can make the
system crash. Have you first tried the Delete Private Data command in
the Firefox menu? Especially your cache files will be safe to delete,
but based on where you're crashing I would suspect a problem with your
history files.

If that doesn't help, Try quitting out of Firefox and renaming your
~/.mozilla/firefox/ directory -- when you open Firefox again the
directory will be re-created. If that solves the problem but you lost
something you can't do without, you can put the renamed directory back
and start deleting specific things again.

Good luck!