[LoCo-US-AL] Canonical and Ubuntu - how to connect

Steve Conklin steve.conklin at canonical.com
Fri May 1 21:46:32 BST 2009

On 05/01/2009 03:13 PM, Roger Quarles wrote:
> How can a person get involved with Canonical?

I have been a Network Admin for over 10 years and want to get involved.

If you want a job with Canonical, this is the definitive
place to look:

http://webapps.ubuntu.com/employment/

Openings are posted and filled through this web interface.
That's how I applied for my job.

If you want to get involved with the ubuntu distro as a
community member, this is the starting point -

http://www.ubuntu.com/community/participate

I think that the most useful link from that page is
this one:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ContributeToUbuntu

Beyond that, it's very helpful to get on IRC on
irc.freenode.com. I hang out on #ubuntu-kernel
and #ubuntu-devel. Your IRC client should have a
command to list all the chat groups (using pidgin
it's /list), and you can looks for #ubuntu* groups
which match your interests.

My irc nick is sconklin

I hope this is helpful.

Steve