[LoCo-US-AL] Iirc Meeting

Wayne Edgar zerovertex at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 16:38:14 BST 2008

I missed the meeting last night but Thursday at 9:00 is okay but it'll be in
about 9:30. I have class until 8:30 in Montgomery so I make it home about
9:30. Anyway, back on topic, the local ham radio club is having a tailgate
swap meet for next month's meeting. I still have several Ubuntu 7.10 CD's
with LoCo cards printed on them from way back that I'm going to give out as
well as some Ubuntu brochures from SFD '07. If anyone is interested in
making the trip to Greenville, the ham radio club meets second Saturday at 9
AM at the Butler County Couthouse Annex. Also, I'm going to try to
revitalize the South Central Alabama Linux Enthusiasts group. Life is
calming down and it looks like I might be able to devote some more time to
that. Coincidentally, I originally planned the SCALE meetings on the second
Saturday of the month also, just at 2 P.M. Just thought I would mention

More info on these at

On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 8:20 AM, Jason Sandlin <crane.aswp at gmail.com> wrote:

> We had a great meeting last night.I would like to thank everyone who showed
> up for their perticipation.We covered a lot of needed topics and got a few
> things set in motion. Nick (boredandblogging) from the Georgia team dropped
> in as well. This is all bringing renewed excitement and momentum back to the
> group. We will start having our regular weekly meetings again as well as try
> to arrange some face to face gatherings in different locations to help get
> things coordinated and moving.
>  We had a couple of items we would like to clear up.
> 1st: We would like to verify that Thursday at 9:00PM is still a good time
> for everyone to make it to irc meetings. If you would like to propose a new
> time please let us know via mailing list or forums.If there are enough
> suggestions we will have a poll on the forums to determine which is the
> best.
> 2nd: I will be looking at the map of Alabama Ubuntu users<http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=101785706516544095006.00043d65918e1cd5827d7&ll=33.72434,-85.935059&spn=9.149426,17.731934&z=6>and trying to set up a few places for physical meeting to be held. Please be
> sure to let us know if you are not on the map and we will get you added.
> .
> Please remember that it is the people that drive this community. So help us
> out in any way you can. Even just having a little input on the list, forums
> or irc channel is most helpful and appreciated.
> Thanks,
> Jason Sandlin
> --
> Ubuntu AlabamaTeam LoCo