[LoCo-US-AL] Planning for Install fest

Michael Ramm michael at 1manit.net
Wed Apr 16 15:18:03 BST 2008

Agreed on all points.

Starting that path, I will:

We need to get a stable of folks who want to blog on the Alabama Ubuntu
blog. Me, Jason, and Ricky have all posted to it. I know that there are
others that blog, and blog about Ubuntu. Let's start cross posting any Linux
content to the AU [eww, what horrid initials!!] blog. I really like Ricky's
Ubuntu on Mac angle.

Like Jason said, we need to make 8.10 or 9.04 a BIG production. I had
initially had a goal of getting Approved status by 8.10. While that still
may be possible, it will be MUCH harder, so I don't have a problem with
moving it to 9.04. Canonical changed the process for members getting
approved, and I am asking one of the CCC members if that changed for LoCo's
as well.

I am very excited that we are trying to 'revive' the LoCo. We need to do a
lot of work to get Ubuntu out to the masses. I think that Linux is in the
best position that it ever has been in with the Vista debacle and the
Leopard (implied) shortcomings.

Let's try to have a good ol fashioned IRC meeting tomorrow night 9pm in
#ubuntu-us-al. We can talk about InstallFest, and the future plans for the
LoCo.

Michael

On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 8:51 AM, Jason Sandlin <crane.aswp at gmail.com> wrote:

> No problems, Tball pretty much controls my schedule right now as well. I
> really want to do some major preplanning on 8:10 and have a big production.
> As well as Software Freedom Day. I am trying to get a fire started inthe
> LoCo again, but it is slow going. I have faith though!
>
> Jason
>

> On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 8:31 AM, Michael Ramm <michael at 1manit.net> wrote:
>
> > I believe that I do still have the business card template that I used to
> > the TechMixer. I will look today and send it to you.
> >
> > Teeball will really be the determining factor for my participation.
> > Maybe for the 8.10 release we can run a mini-installfest in Tuscaloosa where
> > I can be more involved.
> >
> > Michael
> >
> > On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 1:15 PM, Jason Sandlin <crane.aswp at gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Hello everyone, I am still here and looking to find a location soon
> > > for the Installfest. I plan on making 30 -50 CD's for the event. WE may need
> > > some more but I figure we could burn some there if needed. I do not have a
> > > laptop so I may be taking the desktop.  We could use some flyers and
> > > business cards as well. I would like to see if someone would like to design
> > > a flyer for the event. I could help print some out if needed. Michael, do
> > > you still have the business cards everyone liked? I have some business card
> > > sheets also so I could print them as well.
> > >  Work is real busy right now but I will try to find some samples of
> > > flyers later on.
> > >
> > > Thanks for any help an input.
> > >
> > > Jason
> > >
> > > --