[LoCo-US-AL] Membership and Future Plans

michael at 1manit.net michael at 1manit.net
Tue Oct 30 16:23:18 GMT 2007

Hello everyone (well at least the 14 of you on the list),

Today is a new day for the Alabama LoCo. We are starting an all out blitz
to do a couple of things.

I have signed on to help Jason get the AlabamaTeam organized and spreading
the word about Ubuntu from the mountains of Huntsville to the Mobile Bay
and all points in between.

I am trying to get everyone associated with the Alabama LoCo to get on
this list. We have 40 members on out LaunchPad page and only 14 on the
mailing list. I have mailed a good number of them (all but 9 of them)
asking that they join this mailing list.

Some of this will be redundant to some of you as I have taken it from my
other email to folks:

I have begun redesigning our Wiki page
[https://wiki.ubuntu.com/AlabamaTeam] and we have started discussion on
some Goals for the remainder of 2007 and for 2008, including a possible
three state LoCo Conference with Alabama, Georgia and Florida LoCos.
Another goal that we have set for next year is to become an Approved LoCo.
Currently there are only a handful of Approved LoCos in the United States.
There are a lot of benefits to being Approved, one of which is better
support from Canonical with materials and CDs and such.

We would like to see the Alabama LoCo start to grow and spread the word
about Ubuntu. And that is going to start with you guys!

We are also going to start meeting in the IRC channel [#ubuntu-alabama on
irc.freenode.net] every Thursday night at 8pm CST to discuss events that
we want to be a part of and how we can work together to spread the news.
Please visit https://wiki.ubuntu.com/AlabamaTeam/Meetings to see what we
will be talking about, and add any items that you would like to see
discussed. Also, please join us on the ubuntu forums at
http://alabama.ubuntuforums.org/ for discussion as well.

If you have any questions, please email me [michael at 1manit.net] or Jason
[crane.aswp at gmail.com] or post it to the list.

Let work together to get Alabama as the next Approved LoCo team in the US.

Michael