[LoCo-US-AL] IRC Meeting TONIGHT 8:00pm CDT

Michael Ramm michael at 1manit.net
Fri Nov 2 17:20:24 GMT 2007

I agree, the meeting was great. For those that missed, or had to leave
early, the log is available on the Meetings page of the Wiki
(https://wiki.ubuntu.com/AlabamaTeam/Meetings). That is where they will be
house from now on.

One big thing is that we moved the weekly meeting to 9:00pm starting next
week (November 8, 2007).

I think that we have a good group to start with and start expanding into
the regions where are short some folks (i.e. anywhere that is NOT
birmingham).

Our first event will be to support zerovertex as he goes to the South
Central Alabama Linux Enthusuast meeting next Saturday. This is the first
meeting for the group so we are unsure of the turnout/attendance. We can
help make CDs or flyers for future meetings if need be.

Next, there will be a number of us at the TechMixer next Tuesday night.
This will be a more social event and a getting to know you (especially for
me). The more formal event will be in February 2008. We will have a booth
setup for that event. I think that Jason will be coordinating that event.

A number of us will be looking into prices for t-shirts and polo shirts
with the newly approved logo. You can see it here (http://urltea.com/1yq1)
We will hopefully have some shirts by the February TechMixer.

Keep coming to the IRC channel. I am in there most of the time, Lane
(Pr0nStrGeek) is usually there, too. I am still learning a lot about linux
and ubuntu, so I will always have a question or time to talk.

Michael