[LoCo-US-AL] Ham Fests?

Wayne Edgar zerovertex at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 12:33:32 GMT 2007

There is a local county ham fest coming up in Greenville in January. I was
thinking about setting up a booth for SCALE and the Ubuntu LoCo. Many of
these guys are old school geeks that have heard of Linux but never seen or
tried it. I was thinking of setting up a couple of demo machines and passing
out CDs. I guess it's something to discuss. Anyone got any good Linux for
amateur radio sites I can do some reading up on?

The place it's going to be held has no internet access so I was thinking
about using my cell phone + usb cable on one demo machine and setting up a
ham packet radio modem on the other, with some help from some hams.

P.S. Google spell checked me... Linux is a proper noun.

--
Wayne Edgar

http://zerovertex.googlepages.com

Download vCard @ http://zerovertex.googlepages.com/wayne.vcf