Ubuntu-us-ak Ubuntu LoCo

Jim MacDonald jim at macdonald.org
Thu Nov 20 03:00:19 GMT 2008

OK so here it goes:

here are a couple of pages to look at:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoGettingApproved
  This is a brief synopsis of what we need to get approved as a LoCo.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoTeamHowto
  This is a more detailed list of things we need to do as a group to
get the LoCo established.

I have already created the IRC channel on Freenode (#ubuntu-us-ak) I
am a moderator and I can make anyone with in reason a moderator as well.

I already have the mailing list established. Though I am considering
just subscribing it to the aklug list for right now. If we start
getting into Ubuntu specific stuff and spamming the AKlug list I can
always separate them later. For the record the mailing list can be
subscribed to here

And here is our Launchpad Page: https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-alaska

right now I am listed as the point of contact for all these
resources.. I would like to get everyone involved and have a different
person take ownership for each resource so we can share the
responsibility. I don't have the time in my life to do it all.

I also have an ubuntu-us-ak email address that I can set to forward
any correspondence to any and all of us so we show a united front for
an email address.

Any suggestions or help please contact me directly.

thanks,

I hope I get as much input as I think I am going to... I would really
like to see this grow and become productive.

Jim MacDonald
jim at macdonald.org