[Bug 530829] Re: Authorizations is old and should be hidden
martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Wed Mar 3 08:52:00 GMT 2010
I'm actually considering solving this in a slightly more radical way. I
examined the remaining reverse dependencies of policykit-gnome, and it's
not a lot.
reverse dependency tree:
gnome-api-docs (on -doc)
* gnome-mount and gnome-volume-manager are obsolete and should just be removed.
* libipoddevice should drop the g-v-m/hal recommends, they are obsolete and handled by gvfs/udisks now
* xubuntu-desktop should drop its policykit-gnome dependency, I doubt that they use it for anything.
* xorg-options-editor-gtk sounds old fashioned and could just go; I asked Bryce/Alberto about this
* Once the previous things are solved, gnome-api-docs can drop its dependency on policykit-gnome-doc
Once that's done, policykit-gnome can be removed from lucid, and
policykit-1-gnome can get a Conflicts:/Replaces: to clean up policykit-
gnome on upgrades.
** Also affects: xubuntu-meta (Ubuntu)
Authorizations is old and should be hidden
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Sponsors for universe, which is a direct subscriber.
More information about the Ubuntu-universe-sponsors