[Bug 292253] Re: Gtranslator is too old in Ubuntu, please upgrade it
Emilio Pozuelo Monfort
pochu at ubuntu.com
Wed Feb 11 16:26:15 GMT 2009
I'm not sure if it's wise to update to 1.9.4 or not, but since I don't use
gtranslator and you do, I'll leave that decision to you :-)
BTW, I've helped the Debian maintainer to package 1.9.4 in Debian, you may want
to sync the package instead. Here's the changelog entry:
gtranslator (1.9.4-1) experimental; urgency=low
[ Jordi Mallach ]
* New upstream development version. This branch is a complete rewrite
that will eventually become 2.0.
According to the new upstream, the following bugs should be fixed:
- closes: #225324, Need to add space before every newline
- closes: #254339, Search function doesn't handle non-ASCII content
- closes: #256527, confuses "middle-dot" and "space" characters when
- closes: #257184, Popup window opens UNDER the main window and is thus
- closes: #258039, Search function alway searches all of comments,
english and translation
- closes: #269779, Plural window lakes the OK button
- closes: #277771, Search again for # does not work
- closes: #278805, unused strings are always treated as utf8, and
- closes: #295392, chosing Help->gtranslator website doesn't work
- closes: #301608, To break lines with 80 columns for translation of
- closes: #313346, allow arbitrary translation teams
- closes: #330958, Pressing Enter should validate the Goto dialog
- closes: #345916, With long comment gtranslator window is wider than
- closes: #353798, improper use of GError
- closes: #355018, destroys plural msgstr structure in po file
- closes: #357994, file incorrectly reported as already opened
* Update Build-Depends to match requirements as declared by configure.ac.
* Update menu section to "Applications".
* Remove obsolete patches 01_pozilla_bash.patch,
* Don't remove src/defines.h, po/POTFILES and data/gtranslator.desktop,
these workarounds shouldn't be needed anymore.
* Update Build-Depends to libgdl-1-dev (>= 2.24.0), which is the first
version not needing an undeclared libgnomeui-dev dependency, which
broke gtranslator's build.
* Add Build-Depends on libgdict-1.0-dev for the gdict plugin.
* Add " -Wl,-O1 -Wl,-z,defs -Wl,--as-needed" to LDFLAGS to avoid
extra dependencies as suggested by Loïc Minier.
* Don't uupdate on the watch file.
* Build-Depend on libapr1-dev, libaprutil1-dev, libneon27-gnutls-dev,
libserf-0-0-dev and libsasl2-dev to get the Subversion plugin building.
* Add --disable-scrollkeeper to DEB_CONFIGURE_EXTRA_FLAGS.
* Add complete authorship and copyright details to the copyright file.
* Add 01_manpage_hyphen.patch (also applied upstream) to fix a non-escaped
hyphen in Gtranslator's manpage.
[ Emilio Pozuelo Monfort ]
* Standards-Version is 3.8.0, no changes needed.
* Disable subversion plugin, as gtranslator is GPL and the subversion
plugin links againt OpenSSL.
+ Remove subversion plugin's build dependencies.
* Remove -Wl,-z,defs from LDFLAGS as that makes the build fail.
* Exclude the private libraries from the dh_makeshlibs run.
* Don't install the static libraries.
-- Jordi Mallach <jordi at debian.org> Wed, 11 Feb 2009 16:27:24 +0100
Gtranslator is too old in Ubuntu, please upgrade it
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Sponsors for universe, which is a direct subscriber.
More information about the Ubuntu-universe-sponsors