[Bug 263051] Re: Please sync tmw 0.0.26-2 (universe) from Debian unstable (main)
cesare.tirabassi at gmail.com
Sat Sep 6 12:30:47 BST 2008
Thanks Patrick, I changed title and description accordingly.
May I ask why it is dated 1 October, something to do with the freeze?
** Summary changed:
- Please sync tmw 0.0.26-1 (universe) from Debian experimental (main)
+ Please sync tmw 0.0.26-2 (universe) from Debian unstable (main)
** Description changed:
Binary package hint: tmw
I understand this is a new release and the request comes just after the
FreatureFreeze. That's why I hereby request a freeze exception. There is
one main reason why I think this exception should be granted:
* The Mana World is a client part of a MMORPG. This new client version
adds support for handling several new messages that a newer version of
the server sends. We'd like to upgrade our server as soon as possible,
but upgrading will break the game for anybody who is using an older
version. It would be bad if we had to choose between breaking the game
for all Ubuntu users, or supporting our old server version for another
half a year.
There are several reasons why I think this exception is likely to be
* The Mana World is independent of the rest of the distribution, hence
this upgrade is not expected to affect any other part of the
distribution than itself.
* We're in close contact with the Debian maintainer of this package.
Hence, in the event that some critical error in this new release might
be found, we can be quick with rolling out a patch to fix it.
* It is only two days after the feature freeze. For The Mana World, this
still leaves plenty of time to make sure the game is running smoothly
Changes in this new The Mana World release:
- Added support for a newer version of eAthena server
- Added support for showing custom being effects
- Added new features to the particle engine
- Position names and chat such that there is no overlap, when possible
- Fixed a crash when loading a corrupt map that has too much layer data
A diffstat is attached.
- tmw (0.0.26-1) experimental; urgency=low
+ tmw (0.0.26-2) unstable; urgency=low
- * New upstream release.
+ * Uploading to unstable.
- -- Patrick Matthäi <patrick.matthaei at web.de> Fri, 29 Aug 2008 22:11:40
+ -- Patrick Matthäi <patrick.matthaei at web.de> Mon, 1 Oct 2008 09:53:10
Please sync tmw 0.0.26-2 (universe) from Debian unstable (main)
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Sponsors for universe, which is a direct subscriber.
More information about the Ubuntu-universe-sponsors