[Bug 296726] [NEW] Please merge powersave 0.15.20-3 (universe) from Debian unstable (main).
Launchpad Bug Tracker
296726 at bugs.launchpad.net
Tue Nov 11 11:59:11 GMT 2008
You have been subscribed to a public bug by Iulian Udrea (iulian):
Changelog since current Jaunty version 0.14.0-8ubuntu1:
powersave (0.15.20-3) unstable; urgency=low
* Switch patch system to quilt.
- Add Build-Depends on quilt.
- Bump Standards-Version to 3.8.0. Add debian/README.source as recommended
by the new policy.
- Include patchsys-quilt.mk
* Refresh all patches.
- Added all existing patches.
- Add "at_console" policy in addition to the group based policy.
- libpowersave needs to link against liblazy. Instead of patching the
build system directly, use the quilt patch system.
-- Michael Biebl <biebl at debian.org> Fri, 18 Jul 2008 18:28:25 +0200
powersave (0.15.20-2) unstable; urgency=low
- Add Build-Depends on pkg-config.
- Use the newer power_management.can_* keys from HAL and use old keys as
fallback. Closes: #474783
-- Michael Biebl <biebl at debian.org> Tue, 08 Apr 2008 15:59:56 +0200
powersave (0.15.20-1) unstable; urgency=low
* New major upstream release. Closes: #459845
Starting with 0.15.x, powersave does no longer ship its own scripts for
suspend and hibernate but relies on HAL/pm-utils to do the heavy lifting.
Closes: #459452, #396144, #354376, #446614
If you have extended powersaved with custom hooks, you should port them
over to pm-utils.
This version also fixes build failures with GCC 4.3. Closes: #455129
* Remove obsolete patches
- debian/patches/02-init_script_status.patch (obsolete)
- debian/patches/05-on_ac_power_path.patch (obsolete)
- debian/patches/07-video_bios_intel.patch (obsolete)
- debian/patches/08-uswsusp.patch (obsolete)
- debian/patches/09-dbus_bus_register.patch (merged upstream)
- debian/patches/10-dont_unload_ipw2200.patch (obsolete)
- debian/patches/12-symlink_vmlinuz.patch (obsolete)
- debian/patches/13-grub_set_default.patch (obsolete)
- debian/patches/14-gcc4.3_missing_includes.patch (fixed upstream)
- debian/patches/15-restart_anancron_on_resume.patch (obsolete)
- Disable the PolicyKit checks in powersaved as the current hal version
in Debian is not compiled with PolicyKit support.
- Remove this patch and restore the default behaviour to shutdown on
power button presses. If other policy daemons, like kpowersave or
gnome-power-manager, are running, they can safely override the default
- Fix a formatting error in the powersaved man page.
- Upstream ships a sane build system now so we no longer have to
patch and regenerate it.
- Update shlibs for libpowersave11 due to SONAME bump.
- Install NEWS file.
- Replace --enable-doc-dir configure option with --docdir.
- Remove Build-Depends on automake1.9, autoconf, libtool, libhal-dev and
- Remove Build-Conflicts against autoconf2.13 and automake1.4.
- Demote kpowersave Recommends to Suggests.
- Remove hdparm, grub and uswsusp from Recommends as they are no longer
required, add cpufrequtils.
- Remove 915resolution from Suggests.
- Remove unnecessary Depends from libpowersave-dev.
- Update the package name for libpowersave11.
- Bump Standards-Version to 3.7.3. No further changes required.
- Use the new Homepage field to specify the upstream URL.
- Add Vcs-Git and Vcs-Browser fields.
- Update package description for powersaved.
* Rename libpowersave10.install to libpowersave11.install.
- Remove obsolete conffiles on upgrades from previous versions.
- Remove outdated documentation.
- Drop on_ac_power which has been removed from the tarball.
- Fix LSB header. Replace $local_fs with $remote_fs and remove S from
Default-Stop. Closes: #471089
- Remove code to load cpufreq governors and modules and instead rely on
cpufrequtils to do it for us. Add loadcpufreq and cpufrequtils to
Should-Start. Closes: #461554, #389031, #463925
- Don't fail on "start" if daemon is already running and on "stop" if
daemon is already stopped.
-- Michael Biebl <biebl at debian.org> Sat, 05 Apr 2008 15:54:54 +0200
** Affects: powersave (Ubuntu)
Please merge powersave 0.15.20-3 (universe) from Debian unstable (main).
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Sponsors for universe, which is a direct subscriber.
More information about the Ubuntu-universe-sponsors