[Bug 295677] [NEW] Please sync sl-modem 2.9.11~20080817-1 (multiverse) from Debian unstable (main).
Launchpad Bug Tracker
295677 at bugs.launchpad.net
Mon Nov 10 11:37:22 GMT 2008
You have been subscribed to a public bug by Steve Langasek (vorlon):
Please sync sl-modem 2.9.11~20080817-1 (multiverse) from Debian unstable
Changelog since last sync from Debian 2.9.9d+e-pre2-5:
sl-modem (2.9.11~20080817-1) unstable; urgency=medium
* New upstream release. (Closes: #354908, #489289, #457637, LP: #144090, #269855)
* Adopting sl-modem. (Closes: #471888)
* Removed the following patches since they are applied upstream:
+ patch to define URB_ASYNC_UNLINK if not set
+ patch that adds alternative MODULE_PARM function (module_param)
+ patch removing the inclusion of config.h
+ patch making a biarch build with lib32 package versions
+ patches fixing buils with kernel versions 2.6.16, 2.6.18 and 2.6.26
* Remove cmd.patch and pcireg.patch as they are applied upstream.
* Used quilt patch system.
+ Moved slmodem-class-simple-to-class-meins.diff to debian/patches/
+ 01_Makefile.diff: Makefile cleanup to not loose the user-specified
kernel version string.
+ modem_group.diff: set the default device group to "dialout".
+ 02_dial_string_size.diff: enlarge dial string buffer to 128 bytes
+ 03_Makefile_18.104.22.168.diff: workaround in drivers/Makefile for a kernel
2.4 check accidentialy matching 22.214.171.124.
+ 05_st7554_license.diff: changed the MODULE_LICENSE string to
"Dual BSD/GPL" since the license is actually a BSD license clone.
+ 06_slmodem-class-simple-to-class-meins.diff: patch for
+ 08_ungrab_winmodem.diff: helper module to tell the kernel to keep away
from unsupported PCI id numbers.
+ 10_drop_privileges.diff: slmodemd privilege dropping patch.
+ 11_logfile.diff: place debug log in /var/log/slmodem.log.
+ kernel-ver.diff: workaround for pre-2.6.18 kernels.
+ README.diff: Dropped the TROUBLESHOOTING section from README and adapted
the feedback section, mentioned the transfer of the modem business to
+ debug_level.diff: debug log file is not for end users. Users shall use
* Added fortify_source.diff patch to fix FTBFS with -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2
* Synch'ed ungrab-winmodem.c from
* Remove debian/control.backup* as I don't see any use for them.
* Update Standards-Version to 3.8.0.
* Added watch file.
* debian/rules: slusb support ends at 2.6.24, hence add a check for kernel
sublevel, to prevent the attempt to install non-existing slusb.ko. Thanks
to Maurizio Avogadro for the suggestion.
* Translation updates: Swedish, German, Basque, French, Italian, Czech,
Portuguese, Finnish, Japanese and Russian (Closes: #501038, #501043,
#501065, #501102, #501108, #501213, #501225, #501701, #501632, #501593).
* New translation: Arabic (Closes: #501196).
* debian/control: Added Maurizio Avogadro to Uploaders field.
* debian/sl-modem-daemon.init: changes from Ubuntu
+ sl-modem-daemon initscript waits for aplay (from alsa-utils) to report
the card, as it appears in /proc/asound/cards before it is actually
available to slmodemd. This extra check defeats this race.
+ Remove hard and soft ulimits for locked-in-core memory. This daemon
unfortunately needs quite a bit of memory and it needs to be in core
because it's doing the real-time modem DSP. This deals with LP: #144468
and probably other bugs too.
* debian/rules: removed code to append extra lines to modprobe.d file, since
they are statically appended in debian/sl-modem-daemon.modutils.
* The init script can now modprobe even if the slamr module has been
* Modified 11_logfile.diff: Fixed the log path as the slmodemd daemon runs
as unprivileged user and didn't have write permissions on /var/log.
* Added class_device.diff patch: since 2.6.25 class_device_add() and
class_device_destroy() has been renamed, modified st7554.c accordingly.
* Removed obsolete /etc/modutils file.
* Small enhancements to the modprobe.d file:
+ verify device permissions on module install
+ modprobe cleans /dev on module remove
* Added some troubleshooting info to README.Debian.
-- أحمد المحمودي (Ahmed El-Mahmoudy)
<aelmahmoudy at users.sourceforge.net> Sat, 10 Oct 2008 17:32:22 +0200
sl-modem (2.9.9d+e-pre2-12) unstable; urgency=medium
* Orphaning package
* Fixed build on recent kernels, patch from Benh (closes: #475205)
* Calling depmod in postinst of the module package (closes: #465544)
* New translation: Spanish (closes: #498034)
* Translation update: Swedish (closes: #488182)
-- Eduard Bloch <blade at debian.org> Sun, 07 Sep 2008 23:00:06 +0200
sl-modem (2.9.9d+e-pre2-11.1) unstable; urgency=low
* Non-maintainer upload to fix pending l10n issues.
* Debconf translations:
- Portuguese. Closes: #435298
- Galician. Closes: #481803
- Russian. Closes: #482080
- Basque. Closes: #482340
- Czech. Closes: #482434
- Finnish. Closes: #482437
* [Lintian] Run debconf-updatepo in the clean target
* [Lintian] No longer ignore erros from "make clean"
-- Christian Perrier <bubulle at debian.org> Sat, 17 May 2008 14:47:32
sl-modem (2.9.9d+e-pre2-11) unstable; urgency=high
* Working around broken "grep -v" return code in the init script (bug#454690)
* changed gcc-4.1-multilib build-dep on amd64 to gcc-multilib
-- Eduard Bloch <blade at debian.org> Thu, 13 Dec 2007 22:28:12 +0100
sl-modem (2.9.9d+e-pre2-10) unstable; urgency=low
* Merge with 2.9.9d+e-pre2-7etch2 (closes: #411395, #412120)
* explicite Build-Dep on gcc-4.1-multilib [amd64]
* Installing slmodemd(8) manpage into sl-modem-daemon and conflicting with
previous versions of sl-modem-source (closes: #420796)
* removing sl-modem-daemon.rules after a checksum check. They are not used
anymore by the Debian package's source after sysfs/udev features have been
disabled. Send thanks to GPL symbol "protection" lovers (closes: #418919)
* slmodemd privilege dropping patch (Ian Jackson, Ubuntu, closes: #415569),
also added adduser to dependencies
* suppressing modprobe messages caused by expected failures while probing
driver availability and a better info message on amd64.
-- Eduard Bloch <blade at debian.org> Tue, 01 May 2007 12:00:06 +0200
sl-modem (2.9.9d+e-pre2-9) unstable; urgency=low
* amd64 support, making a biarch build with lib32 package versions
-- Eduard Bloch <blade at debian.org> Tue, 13 Feb 2007 01:06:39 +0100
sl-modem (2.9.9d+e-pre2-8) unstable; urgency=medium
* removed the inclusion of config.h, deprecated and not available in kernel
2.6.19 (closes: #402488)
* updated of the French translation (closes: #401283) and Japanese
translation (closes: #400749)
* workaround for kernel-ver with pre-2.6.18 kernels (closes: #397406)
* using the name sl-modem-daemon in init script help (closes: #348976)
* Dropped the TROUBLESHOOTING section from README (the FAQ has not been
available anyway) and adapted the feedback section, mentioned the transfer
of the modem business to Conexant (closes: #321515)
* debug log file is not for end users. Users shall use -l <number>.
Dumping relevant data to debug log is OK, creating this in the local dir
is also OK. Made that clear in the help message.
(closes: #402705, #335370, #402704)
* added LSB info to init script
* not including 2.9.9d+e-pre2-7etch* changes
-- Eduard Bloch <blade at debian.org> Mon, 11 Dec 2006 20:15:50 +0100
sl-modem (2.9.9d+e-pre2-7etch2) testing-proposed-updates; urgency=low
* Updated fr.po and jp.po taken from version 2.9.9d+e-pre2-8
-- Eduard Bloch <blade at debian.org> Tue, 6 Mar 2007 23:12:49 +0100
sl-modem (2.9.9d+e-pre2-7etch1) testing-proposed-updates; urgency=low
* t-p-u upload only
* de.po updates by Helge Kreutzmann
* it.po (NEW) bei Luca Monducci
-- Eduard Bloch <blade at debian.org> Mon, 5 Mar 2007 23:27:16 +0100
sl-modem (2.9.9d+e-pre2-7) unstable; urgency=low
* Fixes to build with kernel 2.6.18 (USB removal, closes: 390308)
* cs.po update (Miroslav Jezbera, closes: #389257)
* templates fixes, making country list translateable (closes: #377820)
-- Eduard Bloch <blade at debian.org> Fri, 13 Oct 2006 19:06:44 +0200
sl-modem (2.9.9d+e-pre2-6) unstable; urgency=low
* alternative MODULE_PARM function (module_param) used on 2.6.x kernels
* removed executable bits from the udev rules file
* set a proper debconf dialog title, the old contents should actually be in
the text, updated de.po and half-updated those translation where basic
syntax was understandable
-- Eduard Bloch <blade at debian.org> Mon, 10 Jul 2006 12:24:25 +0200
أحمد المحمودي (Ahmed El-Mahmoudy)
Digital design engineer
GPG KeyID: 0x9DCA0B27 (@ subkeys.pgp.net)
GPG Fingerprint: 087D 3767 8CAC 65B1 8F6C 156E D325 C3C8 9DCA 0B27
** Affects: sl-modem (Ubuntu)
Please sync sl-modem 2.9.11~20080817-1 (multiverse) from Debian unstable (main).
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Sponsors for universe, which is a direct subscriber.
More information about the Ubuntu-universe-sponsors