[Bug 180486] [Hardy] Please sync MonoDevelop to upstream version
bengt at thuree.com
Sat Jan 5 05:30:36 GMT 2008
Public bug reported:
Hardy currently has version 0.14, but the latest version is 0.18, and as
the list below indicates a lot of improvements have been made.
Monodevelop is currently heading for their 1.0 release, which is planned
by end of January. Currently they have their 3 beta release out (0.18).
Monodevelop is a very nice tool to convince a lot of Windows developers
to continue to develop in Hardy, since telling them to use Vi/Emacs when
they are used to Visual Studio is not always popular...
A small recap of what Monodevelop is:
MonoDevelop is a free GNOME IDE primarily designed for C# and other .NET
languages. The main features of MonoDevelop are:
* Code Completion. MonoDevelop's intelligent code completion
attempts to complete type, method and field names as you're typing. The
IDE will automatically get the class information from your source code
files and from the libraries referenced in your project.
* Class Management. MonoDevelop has a class viewer which allows you
to list the classes in your project, their methods, and properties. Your
namespaces are also kept track of to keep the classes separated.
* Built-in Help. The .NET documentation and the Gtk# documentation
are built into MonoDevelop for easy access.
* Project Support. MonoDevelop comes with built in projects that
help get you started with your console, Gnome# or Gtk# application.
* Add-ins. MonoDevelop has a powerful add-in engine, which together
with a modular API and a complete set of extension points, provides a
seamless platform upon which to build your own development tools.
MonoDevelop also provides an Add-in Manager you can use to install add-
ins from online repositories.
The latest changelog entries in Monodevelop contains among others the following:
* Support for moonlight runtime: projects can target the Silverlight/Moonlight runtime.
* The property pad now shows information for solutions projects and project references.
* Added support for specifying the C# language version to use to compile a project.
* The new project dialog for Packaging and Translation projects now allow specifying the packages/translations to include.
* MacOSX support
* Improved Dock manager
* Support for VS 2005 Web Application projects
* ASP.NET Codebehind Generation Improvements
* Generation of Satellite Assemblies
* Makefile generation improvements
* IDE Improvements
* Deployment of ASP.NET projects
* C/C++ Support
* New Database Add-in
* Auto-generation of XML comment tags
* Multiple GTK# versions
* ChangeLog add-in
* Added regular expression library to the regex toolkit (Mike Krüger).
* The Gettext add-in now allows choosing which projects and files to translate (Mike Krüger).
* Added basic support for reading Visual Studio Silverlight projects (Ankit Jain).
* Implemented new command line tool for generating makefiles (Ankit Jain).
* Highlight missing files and directories (Eric Butler)
* Added "Include To Project" menu item to Folders that recursively adds files (Eric Butler).
* GTK# designer: custom widgets now use by default the project name as category name,
in this way widgets are shown in the toolbox in a more organized way (Lluis Sanchez).
* When using a gtk# version that supports it, MD now registers a global exception handler that
will prevent MD from crashing in case of unexpected exceptions (Lluis Sanchez).
* Makefile Integration
* Standard Header
* Localization add-in
* Improved GTK# designer
A large number of bugs have also been fixed (only showing a subset of bug fixes here).
* 319086 Can't copy text from help view
* 324012 changing pads layout crashes MD and leaves comp. unusable because of hard pointer grab
* 324017 Implement intellisense for preprocessor
* 324333 Exception when loading huge SLN file
* 324722 MD leaks heavily
* 324953 SVN Log not working for Solutions
* 324986 editing commit message slow with homedir on NFS
* 325053 Shortcuts doesn't work in detached windows
* 325382 Rename class crash MonoDevelop
* 325408 'Stop' button is never insensitive
* 325446 Strange keybindings for indention
* 325468 Overload popup
* 325518 "make distcheck" fails
* 327618 Crash when clicking Add Items in stetic's toolbox (XSLT compile error)
* 335140 MD does not exclude this class from base classes list
* 335977 Rename refactoring does not rename instance in foreach
* 336368 [CBinding] Don't update the pad tree more than once at a time
* 336598 Renaming variables by refactoring replaces matches in the replace string
* 337259 Crash opening a solution file
* 337658 MD intellisense does not work for `value'
* 338268 Automatic search for new files dialog segfaults MD
* 338382 Preprocessor intellisense is broken (displays invalid entries)
* 338594 [PATCH] MD title does not display first 2 characters of any source file
* 338960 "test results" view doesn't remember it's position
* 339007 [PATCH] Search pattern should be auto-selected in the "Find/Replace in Files" dialog
* 339209 App crashes when trying to list members in base class when you derive from current class
* 339272 Menu item "Insert changelog entry" disabled if no code file is open
* 339391 The window title of the Application Output window displays span tags
* 339444 MonoDevelop should not include source control files into project
* 339445 [PATCH] MonoDevelop always crash at the same place.
* 339480 Crash in XML comment autocompletion
* 339539 Help menu: use gtk icons instead of gnomeui icons
* 339590 MonoDevelop crashes if you want to open the "Welcome page"
* 340006 "Implement Interface" does not work correctly
* 340270 Ctrl+Tab caused exception
* 340389 Toolbar redraw problem
* 340418 BooShell process is always launched regardless of whether the pad is opened
* 340453 Interface refactoring doesn't support generics
* 340865 Implement interface does incorrect method insertions
* 340875 Bugs while using XML comments
* 340877 [PATCH] Closing some docks causes infinite event loop
* 341319 Tab not working correctly
* 341330 Problem with code completion and Generics
* 341495 Problem with auto-generated code for overriden methods
* 341510 MD crash in the stetic genetated code when the project is executed
* 341643 Build action: deployment: target directory doesn't honor subdirectories
* 341880 Find and Whole words only
* 341881 MonoDevelop.RegexToolkit does not use MD version schema
* 341886 Quick Class navigator does not sort file types
* 341901 MD and CS0618 warning results
* 342124 Tab should indent, regardless of the position of the cursor.
* 342142 [PATCH] Minor improvements to OpenFileInSolutionDialog
* 342521 Toolbox does not display any widgets
* 342522 "Add Items" in the toolbox freezes md
* 342607 Crash when typing "override"
* 342905 [PATCH] LineCountChanged no longer returning negative counts for removed lines
* 342965 When running my program from monodevelop (F5) MONO_MANAGED_WATCHER is enabled
* 343098 Mono Develop C projects generate bad calls to gcc when folders w\ spaces used.
* 344196 Gtk# Designer doesn't assign ScrolledWindow Policy Properties
* 344292 MD toolbar combobox does not respect toolbal size
* 344296 MD text editor is slow when editing large file with enabled Class Navigator
* 344837 makefile integration confusing
* 345233 Crash after hitting Save
* 345423 project is not a registered protocol
* 345774 "override" statement completion include members internal to another assembly.
* 346295 Monodevelop missing Gtk reference
* 346764 Toolbar drag handle looks weird
* 346766 [PATCH] Path entry size in files tab
* 347127 Exception is thrown if Subversion isn't installed
* 347438 Hang on startup if last project is gone.
* 347590 Monovelop sometimes drops GUI references
* 347649 Generated Autotools-based configure.ac always depends on conditional dependencies
* 347882 MD dies if pkg-config isn't installed
* 348107 Not able to compile a project when it references a file inside a subfolder with a space in its name
* 348247 Bad AssemblyInfo.cs
* 348599 Ctrl+A does not work in Commit Message entry
* 348696 Error while completing in text editor
** Affects: ubuntu
[Hardy] Please sync MonoDevelop to upstream version
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Sponsors for universe, which is a direct subscriber.
More information about the Ubuntu-universe-sponsors