[Bug 179491] please merge tomcat5.5 (5.5.25-4) from Debian unstable (main)
matti.lindell at gmail.com
Mon Dec 31 02:15:26 GMT 2007
Public bug reported:
Binary package hint: tomcat5.5
Please consider merging tomcat5.5 from Debian unstable as it contains
fixes for several CVE's and important packaging fixes.
Ubuntu changes that can be dropped:
- Build-depends on xsltproc: tomcat5.5 package used to build documentation using xsltproc, but is now using Xalan-Java (libxalan2-java). I reckon the build dependency was unnecessarily carried around during merges as Debian stopped using it since 5.5.20-2 (related patches were dropped as well). It's not used in build process and the documentation looks the same with or without it. (http://firstname.lastname@example.org/msg11269.html and Debian 5.5.20-2 changelog entry).
New Ubuntu changes are bugfixes, forwarded as:
* Opened http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=458411
* Reopened http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=452366
New Debian version also fixes Bug #173692 and Bug #161882.
New Debian changes:
tomcat5.5 (5.5.25-4) unstable; urgency=high
* CVE-2007-5342: Fix unauthorized modification of data because of
too open permissions. Closes: #458237.
* Always clean temporary directory on startup. Closes: #456608.
-- Michael Koch <konqueror at gmx.de> Sat, 29 Dec 2007 20:15:40 +0100
tomcat5.5 (5.5.25-3) unstable; urgency=low
* debian/libtomcat5.5-java.links: Removed links for xml-apis.jar and
xercesImpl.jar. Closes: #443382, #455495.
* Added libgnumail-java to Build-Depends. Closes: #454312.
* Updated Standards-Version to 3.7.3.
-- Michael Koch <konqueror at gmx.de> Thu, 13 Dec 2007 22:15:18 +0100
tomcat5.5 (5.5.25-2) unstable; urgency=high
[ Michael Koch ]
* Fix absolute path traversal vulnerability. Closes: #448664.
[ Marcus Better ]
* Add required commons-io symlink to the admin webapp, which fixes WAR
file uploads. (Closes: #452366)
* debian/control: Use the new Homepage and Vcs-* fields.
* debian/NEWS: Remove outdated entry.
-- Michael Koch <konqueror at gmx.de> Fri, 30 Nov 2007 10:46:33 +0100
** Affects: tomcat5.5 (Ubuntu)
please merge tomcat5.5 (5.5.25-4) from Debian unstable (main)
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Sponsors for universe, which is a direct subscriber.
More information about the Ubuntu-universe-sponsors