[ubuntu-uk] Surprising Wi-Fi Problem Cure

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 15:56:18 UTC 2018

On Fri, 26 Oct 2018 at 16:20, Nigel Verity <nigelverity at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I thought the idea of mailing lists such as this was to share knowledge rather than belittle others for having gaps in theirs. I was not actually asking a question but you have clearly taken it as an opportunity to show all the readers of this forum how clever and experienced you are. I bow to your obvious superiority.
>
> That aside I am genuinely grateful for the pointers to the use of these key combinations which I am sure will come in handy in the future.

I am sorry that I caused offence. That was not my intent. I apologise.

My questions *were* genuine.

Ctrl-Alt-F[1-7] are standard Linux keystrokes across all distros, even
if they do not have a GUI. I was thus surprised when you said that you
had tried to Google for more info and not found anything, because this
is a universal feature.

I don't know what you Googled for. If you can remember, it would be
informative, because this information _should_ have shown up, very
high on the list.

I really do not wish to add any additional hard feelings, but if I
might be forgiven, I wish to point out that standard mailing-list
style is that replies should go _below_ the text one is responding to,
and that one should trim the quoted text to the part that one is
addressing. This is especially important for those who only subscribe
to the digest.