[ubuntu-uk] Booting ubuntu 18.04 - problems

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Wed May 9 07:32:34 UTC 2018

On Tue, 8 May 2018 at 17:14, Paul Sutton <zleap at zleap.net> wrote:

> I installed Lubuntu 18.04 on top of Ubuntu 18.04 earlier and this
> works,  so I am going to stick with Lubntu for now,  but I can use a
> netbook to try and investigate further,  just more difficult to
> transfer files over of logs or output from commands to copy / paste here

I am finding your report hard to follow.

You installed Ubuntu, it failed to load the desktop, so you overwrote it
with Lubuntu and that works?

So why not stay with Lubuntu, then?

What about Lubuntu makes it hard to copy-and-paste errror messages or
whatever? It can do everything Ubuntu can.

Email: lproven at cix.co.uk • Google Mail/Hangouts/Plus: lproven at gmail.com
Twitter/Facebook/Flickr: lproven • Skype/LinkedIn: liamproven
UK: +44 7939-087884 • ČR (+ WhatsApp/Telegram/Signal): +420 702 829 053