[ubuntu-uk] Flash and 18.04 update

Jim Price d1version at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 30 18:04:50 UTC 2018

On 30/04/18 11:47, Liam Proven wrote:

> So I myself am looking for a way to update my 16.04 install and _not_ get
> GNOME. I have not found one yet. I may have to do a clean install with one
> of the 3rd party Unity remixes.

Another way would be to convert it to an Ubuntu MATE install, upgrade
and then install your preferred desktop (unless that happens to be MATE,
then you don't need to).

I've not had to use it myself, but here's the process:

<http://wiki.mate-desktop.org/replace_unity_by_mate>

Ubuntu MATE is what I use as a base for using an alternate desktop - in
my case Enlightenment. Ubuntu MATE seems to be well suited to this as it
sticks to standards well and is an excellent fall-back should things go
wrong elsewhere. I'd be using it myself now but for the Unity thing
happening before MATE was released. I share your thought on Gnome3.

--
JimP