[ubuntu-uk] 18.04 on line updates not available yet

Colin Watson cjwatson at ubuntu.com
Sun Apr 29 21:06:49 UTC 2018

On Sun, Apr 29, 2018 at 08:22:47PM +0000, Tony Arnold wrote:
> Just curious, but I note from the Bionic release notes, that upgrades
> from 17.10 to 18.04 will not be enabled until a few days after
> release.
>
> Does anyone know the reason behind this?

As I understand it, it's a combination of wanting to have time to fix
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-menus/+bug/1766890
first, and people not tending to test upgrades very much until we've
released so allowing a few days before opening the floodgates wider
gives us more time to fix a few more problems.

> Anything to do with the last minute bug that was found (and fixed) on release day?

No - that was confined to ubiquity (the installer), and is unrelated to
upgrades.