[ubuntu-uk] 18.04 on line updates not available yet

Tony Arnold tony.arnold at manchester.ac.uk
Sun Apr 29 20:22:47 UTC 2018

Just curious, but I note from the Bionic release notes, that upgrades from 17.10 to 18.04 will not be enabled until a few days after release.

Does anyone know the reason behind this? Anything to do with the last minute bug that was found (and fixed) on release day? As far as I can remember online updates have always been available on the day of release?

As I said, I'm curious. I'm quite happy to wait until it's available, and, yes, I know about the -d option on do-release-upgrade.

Regards,
Tony.

--

Tony Arnold MBCS, CITP | Senior IT Security Analyst | Directorate of IT Services | G64, Kilburn Building | The University of Manchester | Manchester M13 9PL | T: +44 161 275 6093 | M: +44 773 330 0039