[ubuntu-uk] Searching for messages - the archives

Jim Price d1version at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 17 14:44:29 UTC 2018

On 17/04/18 10:28, David Goldsbrough wrote:
> My memory is not what it was!
> I have a vague recollection that I may have posted sometime in the past
> about mouse pointer cursors sizes with a solution that worked for me to get
> a larger size.
> It looks as if I am going to have to do a Ubuntu re-install and whilst I
> can ensure my $HOME is backed up - I am fairly certain my mouse pointer
> large size was changed somewhere outside of $HOME but for the life of me I
> can't remember where and my attempts to find it have failed.  I simply want
> to be able to have my same cursor size when I re-install ( I have very low
> vision )
> The archives do not lend themselves to searching the whole lists by subject
> or author - I can't even recall which year it was!  Anyone help or give me
> a few hints.
>
> (BTW only my solution ever worked - all the others mentioned around the net
> never worked - my solution was an updated one from a previous ubuntu
> version - mine is 16.04 LTS)

At a guess, do you think this might be relevant?

<https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/unity-tweak-tool/+bug/1633896>

That suggests you used unity-tweak-tool to increase the mouse pointer
size, but does not indicate that a solution was found to the bug you
reported. However, there are documented ways to change mouse font in
Ubuntu, and there is a package called big-cursor in the repository,
which from its description includes larger pointers.

--
Jim