[ubuntu-uk] Mouse accessibility problem

J Fernyhough j.fernyhough at gmail.com
Sun Apr 8 14:44:59 UTC 2018

On 08/04/18 14:08, Jim Price wrote:
> I'm trying to solve a problem with double clicking the mouse for someone
> with jittery hand movements. The problem is that there is usually enough
> movement between their first and second clicks of a double click that it
> is registered as two single clicks in different places.

Which DE are you using, and in what context are you double-clicking?

e.g. I've just tested under MATE 1.20 by moving the mouse while
(relatively slowly) clicking twice on an item in Caja (e.g. once on the
folder icon, once on the text) - each time it detects this as a
double-click on that item.

The other alternative is to use a trackball instead of a mouse
(something I've come to prefer generally _anyway_).