[ubuntu-uk] Mouse accessibility problem

Jim Price d1version at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 8 13:08:46 UTC 2018

I'm trying to solve a problem with double clicking the mouse for someone
with jittery hand movements. The problem is that there is usually enough
movement between their first and second clicks of a double click that it
is registered as two single clicks in different places. This has all
sorts of unwanted side effects, all of which include doing something
different to what was intended. I have an idea of what it might take to
address the issue - hold the mouse pointer still for the duration of the
double click detection period. This would be a bit like sticky keys for
the keyboard, but googling for sticky mouse doesn't get me very far as
anyone who remembers ball mice will understand. Has anyone seen a
setting anywhere which might do this, or maybe a program or any other
way of doing it? Suggestions welcome.

--
Jim