[ubuntu-uk] Shock announcement

alan auckland alan_auckland2 at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 6 17:55:19 UTC 2017

What about maruos?

________________________________
From: ubuntu-uk-bounces at lists.ubuntu.com <ubuntu-uk-bounces at lists.ubuntu.com> on behalf of Tony Pursell <tony.pursell at gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, April 6, 2017 6:42:56 PM
To: UK Ubuntu Talk
Subject: Re: [ubuntu-uk] Shock announcement

I'm not too bothered about the desktop, although I am rather fond of Unity.  I am wondering, however, if Unity is dead and buried, or is it just Unity 8?

I will be sad, however, if I have to give up on my Ubuntu phone.  I know that the Ubuntu phone is limited but I do find it best for routine stuff like email, Facebook and BBC news.  It's much more like having a computer in my pocket than my Android phone (needed for banking app, for instance).  It already seems as though developers have given up on the phone, and this will put them off even more.