[ubuntu-uk] Shock announcement

Jim Price d1version at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 6 16:22:40 UTC 2017

On 06/04/17 00:26, Tony Scott wrote:
> Does anyone know if it is possible through the use of extensions etc
> if it would be possible to recreate some or all of the Unity desktop
> experience in GNOME?
>
> If it is, I would propose this would be the way forward for the next
> LTS release.

Gnome3 wouldn't be my first choice of desktop to use to try and imitate
another one - that would be Enlightenment. Bodhi Linux uses it to come
close to looking like Gnome2 (only better), and there would be no
problem arranging the launchers down the left hand side (six position
options in that arrangement, plus autohide). I don't know if the hud and
lenses etc. would be easy to get going on another desktop.

--
JimP.