[ubuntu-uk] Log File Question

Nigel Verity nigelverity at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 18 11:37:20 UTC 2016

Hi

I have 4 machines with a similar Ubuntu configuration. On one of them a particular application (Gambas IDE) takes about a minute to fire up while on the others around 3 seconds is the norm. All other applications start normally on the offending machine, so it would not appear to be a system-wide issue.

Running the executable from the command line doesn't produce any messages to show what might be going on. I've looked at all the log files I can find and there is nothing relating to the launching of the gambas3 executable. It's quite possible, of course, that I have missed the relevant log file.

I'd appreciate some advice about which log file ought to give me some information and/or perhaps a way of starting the application which forces the generation of detailed log messages.

Thanks

Nige