[ubuntu-uk] SFTP Problem

Nigel Verity nigelverity at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 26 20:24:14 UTC 2016

Hi

I've just installed Xubuntu 15.10 on an Acer netbook. I've installed Xubuntu many times before but not 15.10. It works fine.

My standard routine is to next install openSSH-server and SSHFS, then start the SSH service.

The situation now is that I can SSH into the box and I can mount its file system on a remote computer using SSHFS. For all that success, though, I cannot access the box from any other using Filezilla (SFTP). It just hangs then times out. I know it's not a problem with Filezilla per se as all my other laptops can "see" each other through it.

Can anybody suggest where the cause may lie? Permissions perhaps?

Thanks

Nige