[ubuntu-uk] Partitioning

David Goldsbrough daveg at boavon.plus.com
Tue Mar 1 22:39:33 UTC 2016

I thought I should update readers on this saga and thank people for their
input.
All is now solved.  I now have my 120GB drive in full use.
I ran the following commands and show the output.

sudo pvresize /dev/sda5

Physical volume "/dev/sda5" changed

1 physical volume(s) resized / 0 physical volume(s) not resized

$ sudo lvresize --resizefs --extents +100%FREE /dev/ubuntu-vg/root

Extending logical volume root to 109.55 GiB

Logical volume root successfully resized

resize2fs 1.42.9 (4-Feb-2014)

Filesystem at /dev/mapper/ubuntu--vg-root is mounted on /; on-line resizing
required

old_desc_blocks = 4, new_desc_blocks = 7

The filesystem on /dev/mapper/ubuntu--vg-root is now 28719104 blocks long.