[ubuntu-uk] Partitioning

Daniel Llewellyn diddledan at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 19:32:46 UTC 2016

Hi David,

Sorry for the delay in replying.

I still believe you can get your 120GB drive how you want it, so all is
not lost yet.

It looks like your LVM partition is the correct size now, but the volume
with your root filesystem is still the old size. This suggests that you
need to run:

lvextend -l+100%FREE /dev/mapper/ubuntu--vg-root

the first letter of lvextend is lower-case "L".
the second argument to lvextend is: "dash", lower-case "L",
"plus"-symbol, one, zero, zero, percentage-symbol, and finally the word
"FREE" in upper-case; all without spaces between.

then run:

resize2fs /dev/mapper/ubuntu--vg-root

It is probably best to do these in a cd/dvd-booted live session to be
sure it's as safe as possible.