[ubuntu-uk] MTP Devices

Nigel Verity nigelverity at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 2 19:17:27 UTC 2016

Hi

I have a Sony Walkman USB mp3 player - the kind which looks like a memory stick. When connected to a computer to load or delete files it mounts as an MTP device. Adding and removing files and folders within the standard pre-installed folders is fine but I've discovered that if I create a folder of my own and copy files into it, I cannot delete them.

Using Caja or PCManFM (on 15.10) I just get a message "libmtp error - could not delete object".

The folder and file permissions cannot be viewed from the file manager either. The panel just says "The permissions of MyFolder could not be determined".

Does anybody have any suggestions as to how to get full control over the folders and files on this device?

Thanks

Nige