[ubuntu-uk] wifi dongles

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Sun Dec 4 19:04:38 UTC 2016

On 04/12/16 16:43, George Tripp wrote:

> The one I recently returned did claim to be raspberry pi compatible. this is why I assumed it would be OK.
>
> https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B019O73AWO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
>
> However as I said before I couldn't get it to work. I'm running 64 bit Ubuntu on a
> AMD Phenom processor.

If you still have the dongle perhaps someone on the list can help you
diagnose the problem. e.g. what didn't work specifically? What is the
output of things like the lsub command before and after plugging in the
dongle? I'm sure others will be better at pointing you in the right
direction.

In my experience you shouldn't really need to do very much at all. It
really should be pretty much plug and play for these kinds of devices.

Alan