[ubuntu-uk] Linux on the cheap?

T T Mooney ttmooney at ttmooney.com
Tue Sep 22 22:21:49 UTC 2015

Depends on what formfactor you're after. There should be plenty of options if you'll consider secondhand/refurbished.

The Thinkpad X series is good. My X220 is still chugging along. I have a Samsung Chromebook that I bought to run Arm Linux on, but it was never fantastic. When my Pi-Top arrives, I'll let you know how it is, but I'm guessing Xubuntu should run well enough.

Hmm, more options than answers, I'm afraid. Older MacBooks might also be worth a look, but storage could be an issue with smaller SSDs.