[ubuntu-uk] Problem with one mailbox in Thunderbird

Dianne pramclub at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Sep 3 08:07:41 UTC 2015

On 01/09/15 11:41, Dianne wrote:
> I'm running Thunderbird 38.2.0 on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS. There was an
> update to tbird last week, which seemed OK.
>
> I have four email accounts that I download with tbird - my ISP
> allocated mail, my yahoo mail, and two email addresses on a server
> from a place I volunteer, and one of these has a major problem - every
> time I change to another mailbox, or close tbird, everything in the
> Inbox disappears. None of the other three mailboxes have this problem,
> all other folders (such as deleted and junk) are OK. I've made no
> changes to settings or properties - for retention all are set to
> follow account settings, which are set to leave on server (so I can at
> least look at the hideous webmail interface to see them), but our
> server will only keep them for a month.
I've been playing with this - if I load in safe mode with no add-ons,
all emails reappear. I've tried disabling each add-on in turn (there are
only three) but the problem remains. If I load in safe mode but tell
tbird to always load without add-ons, the problem remains.

So at the moment I'm running tbird, and then choosing Help > Restart
without add-ons.
Any advice?
TIA
Dianne