[ubuntu-uk] Ubuntu phone issues not good for Ubuntu reputation

Alan Pope alan at popey.com
Mon Mar 23 19:38:44 UTC 2015

On 23 March 2015 at 18:47, Gareth France <gareth.france at cliftonts.co.uk> wrote:
> Buying this phone is a big leap of faith, the hardware is pretty immaterial
> and we trust that the software will be developed and taken seriously enough
> to become fully featured in time. I think it's an amazing start.

I appreciate everyone who bought one, and I keep an eye out for the
feedback, both positive and negative.

> Having said that I've had it since about 2pm and I've broken it already!
> Looking at the scopes there is a star icon at the top right, it took several
> clicks before I realised it was removing my scope screens (nearby, weather
> etc). I don't have the manual with me so does anyone know how to put them
> back?

Swipe up from the bottom.

https://static-bqreaders.s3.amazonaws.com/file/Ubuntu-Aquaris_E4_5/Manual_Aquaris_E4.5_ubuntu_EN.pdf
is the manual.

> The bluetooth connection to my car stereo seems to be irratic so far but
> I'll keep an eye on that and just now the phone froze when I tried to answer
> it and it took over 60 seconds before it would let me unlock to call them
> back! Then I must have had about 20 failed calls before it would actually
> make the call. Teething problems I suppose. I'm going to do the updates now,
> maybe that will sort it.

I've not tried bluetooth like that as I don't have such a fancy car stereo ;)

I only use bluetooth for listening to music via a speaker.

Cheers,
Al.